Kudos: 1

Re: UniFi Switch 16 POE-150W Overheat

Honestly it was a shot in the dark trying to interpert a definition of 'storms'.

I'm having similar issues but not as frequent by any means. It dumped on my a couple times so far, but has been behaving for a week now.

Revision 9 board sounds like a disastor.  I have not checked mine yet (new as of 3/4 month ago). But i'm fairly certain is a board revis 9.

Hoping they work something out, otherwise i dumped 300 bucks on a paper weight.  If i goes down another time, the netgears going back in, all my cams and APs are on it, and those need to stay up.

Highlighted

Does anyone have a link to register your hardware so I can be informed asap of any recall notices for these units?  I can't find one on their page for some reason ..

Kudos: 4

Due to the nature of UBNT kit and their customers you have to be more proactive than registering to get updates- keep an eye on here for information and go through the support process to record any faults. 

Kudos: 59
Solutions: 2

You can see revision number in unifi controller. 

Click in the switch and you can see many info and config.

Kudos: 6

Thank, i was think is a mark on mainboard.
I have revision 9.....

Ok, since all of us has same problems whit boar 9, what is to do? We write a letter to ubiquiti and request replace device or what? 

It's looks like a factory hardware problem, they must replace them or refund.

I will call their dealer here tomorrow and request replace the unit or refund. Is inadmisible that support ignore us, i will write officeial letter to them.

There normal support process asked me to reinstall my old netgear switch and see if it continues.

I would not call that a good support process. She did however offer to warranty my switch fairly quickly. I do not want to do that as of yet, because this could very well be addressed in a firmware update.

Also, if you register a product and a company does a recall, normally those on the registered list will get a notification. Atleast that is how a reputable company operates.

The best help I have had vs their support is on these forums. And honestly, I hate being here, because that means i'm having issues. Across five other spendy Ubi prodcuts, I had not once visited the forums in a year plus. Bought this POS 16 port (yes I said POS), and im' here daily looking for fixes or clues. Its been behaving okay since its last two erm hiccups .. but i'm wary of it now, and just waiting for it to happen again.

Be careful, the place i bought mine from had two in stock, I bought one, and one is still in stock. I am guessing that one is the same revision as mine, and not really willing to exchange it for another that will just have the same issues.

I just email to dealer, i wait them to send RMA. I request replacement whit other device whit other board revision.

What do you know about 24p POE? same issue?

I know nothing about the 24port POEs except they are only around 100 bucks more than the 16.  

I do have a ubi 24 port but it is of the non-POE flavor (simply do not require POE on that one).  That one runs rock solid, infact all of my ubi equipment runs rock solid except this pain in the arse 16 port POE.

Its like I was cursed, as this 16 port POE was the last item I needed to bring my network up to all Ubi equipment.  

GL with the replacement, I'm still debating what to do as of yet.  Sorry I cant be much more help on the 24port.  I'd troll the forums for any long threads regarding the 24port.

Not heard anything around the 24 port PoE crashing, replacement wise mine is also a rev 9 and has the same problem. There won't be a replacement that works from Ubiquiti until they work out what's wrong and fix it in rev10 or roll back and make a batch of rev 8s. 

My backup will be to return the 16 port for a 24 port so I don';t have to check it every morning!

[ Edited ]

I just want it to work, or know this is being activally addressed.

I'd honestly be pretty happy to know this is an acknowledged issue, and be updated regularly regarding it.  Not knowing makes it hard to make a decision here in two weeks (return window from store).

I also have 24P non poe runing 30days whit no issue, also AP-PRO, AP-MESH, USG....only this crap...

Come on, i spend a lot of bucks to a device to hope someone bigger report this issue? I report several times i think 10 times, i will send to dealer back if they not respond us.

Yesterday i chat whit clas 2 support (don't know what mean) and they assure me i will receive an answer in few days....i wait few days....

Emerging Member
Kudos: 34
Solutions: 6

@mediacut

Come on yourself, you have posted 15 messeges about your this, several i a few hours, the users of this thread are not very interested in your personal failure in putting pressure on the poor first line suporters.

This is an issue that is handled in both technical departments and customer service department, but there will be no answer until they know for sure what the problem actually is, and how to fix.

It seems obvious that this si not something that is fixed with a firmware update, and that is't not so related to overheating that everyone first thought.

Ubiquiti can choose to repair, refund or replace (even with another model) but this has to be a solid fix first time, when the installers begin to put hours into this $299 is peanuts, and making them waste hours on something that is not a solid fix is bad business.

If you are so troubled by this, ask the reseller if you can exchange it for a US-24-250, they don't have this issue, if they refuse, you will need to find another reseller anyways, as you have clearly choosen the wrong one.

If you have bought it directly in the ubnt shop, just dump it and purchase a new one, it's virtually imposible to get a good treatment form someone you have just been annoying for days... Smiley Happy

@UlrikLunddahl

Emerging Member

This has been happening with me for a long time.

I have revision 4 boards x 3. They obviously have not found the issue in software or hardware and I refused to touch 16 port switches.

Kudos: 195
Solutions: 20

@mediacut - these are community-support forums. No-one on here gets paid to help you. Even the UBNT staff that visit and moderate don't do it as part of their full-time job. They're effectively volunteering their time to help us out. 

These are not customer service forums. If you want customer service you need to contact customer service directly. And even then unless you bought the switch direct from UBNT they'll almost certainly just bounce you back to the reseller for a replacement unit. 

At the moment you are just coming across as spamming the forum with whining posts.

You have a broken switch. It happens. That's why people who are actually reliant on this equipment don't just buy one. I have at least one cold-swap spare for everything I have installed. 

Contact the place you bought your switch from, organise an RMA and get another one. Send the old one back, install the new one and move on.