Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

UniFi Switch 16 POE-150W keeps powering down - help!

After installing the switch and upgrading the software everything worked fine.  After a few mins it totally powers off.  I can then take out the power lead and reconnect it and the same happens again.  I have changed plugs, leads and there is no temp issue.  

I have a simple set up with the switch powering two access points and a wired network in the house.  Is this a set up issue or does it sound like a hardware issue?  I am out of ideas...

Kudos: 160
Solutions: 26

Re: UniFi Switch 16 POE-150W keeps powering down - help!

Are you getting any overheat notification warnings in the controller?

-Jamie M.

Highlighted

No overheating alerts.  Just 'disconnection' alerts or 'missed a heartbeat' alerts.

Would there be any issue connecting the switch to a Unifi 8 POE-60W I wonder?  I have an AP directly connected to the 16 switch using POE and then a second AP (plus computer, printer etc) connected via the 8 switch.  Shoudl the 8 switch be non-POE instead? 

Kudos: 160
Solutions: 26

As a test you could disable the PoE on the ports that are connecting the two switches together.

-Jamie M.

Thanks.  I will try that later.  I was going to disconnect the second switch but will try your suggestion first.  That intuitively makes sense so fingers' crossed.