Unifi 5.9.29 Scheduled Upgrades Feature in Services

[ Edited ]

I have searched the blogs and kb but can't find any instructions or details on this feature "Scheduled Upgrades" under the Services section of Settings. If someone can inform me about this, or direct me to a blog about this feature in detail please do so. I would like to know:

• Does this schedule the upgrade on the devices immediately after release, or after a period of time? 
  • If I choose Month and Day 1, and let's say the upgrade is released on Day 2 of that month, does it apply the upgrade on the same day since it is past Day 1 or does it cycle till the next Day 1 which is approx 29 days later?
  • If I choose Month and Day 1, and let's say the upgrade is released 1 day prior on the 30th of the previous month, then does it apply the upgrade on the following day (Day 1), or is there a waiting period?
  • Is there a specific day that firmware is released for example a specific day of the month always or just random?

unifi-controller-scheduled-upgrades.png

Re: Unifi 5.9.29 Scheduled Upgrades Feature in Services

Update - after chatting with the support they stated this: 

• Does this schedule the upgrade on the devices immediately after release, or after a period of time? 

Depends on the day picked. If it comes out on 1/29 and you picked Day 1 then it will apply on 2/1. It is the Stable version that is released 

• If I choose Month and Day 1, and let's say the upgrade is released on Day 2 of that month, does it apply the upgrade on the same day since it is past Day 1 or does it cycle till the next Day 1 which is approx 29 days later?

It applies it 29 days later. If you pick Day 1 it always applies that day, so if it misses it then the next month it applies.

• If I choose Month and Day 1, and let's say the upgrade is released 1 day prior on the 30th of the previous month, then does it apply the upgrade on the following day (Day 1), or is there a waiting period?

No waiting period, it applies on Day 1 always.

• Is there a specific day that firmware is released for example a specific day of the month always or just random?

Nope. Firmware is just random with no schedule. They said you have to just watch the blogs.