Unifi Gateway Pro SFP enabling

Do I need to enable the SFP ports for WAN use on a USG Pro 4? I have installed an Ubiquiti compatable SFP+ module from FS in the WAN 1 SFP port and it doesn't work. None of the lights are lit, not the one on top and none of the link lights on the left.

The USG is adopted in the network and I do have access to it from the LAN port I just can't find any option to enable the SFP instead of the Ethernet / RJ45 wan port.

Kudos: 1204
Solutions: 314

Re: Unifi Gateway Pro SFP enabling

The USG Pro 4 only supports SFP modules, not SFP+.

Kudos: 158
Solutions: 30

What type of ends are on your fiber?  If single tx/rx fiber, make sure tx/rx are crossed up end to end. Not all SFP devices are compatible with the UniFi SFP ports. Make sure you have one that has been tested to be compatible.

I just plugged in using a LC type cable end and all worked immediately so not sure?

Eric

Checked which module I used just to be sure and it's an SFP module. The 1000BASE-BX BiDi SFP 1310nm-TX/1490nm-RX 20km Transceiver Module from FS.com customized to work with Ubiquiti devices.

I used the cable I received from my ISP and they use the same SFP modules. I'm not sure if the tx/rx are crossed or not.

If there is no signal on the fiber the SFP should at least power on and a led should light up to indicate it's powered on. Correct? I'm figuring out what the error is. Could be the USG, the SFP module and the fiber signal.