Kudos: 8
Solutions: 4
Accepted Solution

Unifi Security Gateway USG + PS4 = No Connection ? No Log

UniFi Controller

Guys, having trouble getting my PS4 connected to my home network after getting rid of my OLD ASA-5505 and moving to the USG appliance, basically all i did was update my unifi controller to latest version, then updated firmware on my uap-lr, my uap-outdoor, and the USG. (just fyi, i could not connect with the ps4 before or after updating the firmware!)

i am not see'ing anything out of the ordinary in the unifi logs, but whats weird is the ps4 just keeps erroring out saying "incorrect security" (ill post the exact error code later tonight).   the only config i have done is from the GUI, and its all pretty standard config ?, i didnt even change my Unifi wireless access points ssid/password, the only real change is the USG ?  does anyone have any ideas ?, i was planning on firing up syslog and do some captures when i get home, (does anyone know of a quick and dirty syslog server for windows ? or Ubuntu if i have too?).

thanks for taking a look guys.

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unifi Security Gateway USG + PS4 = No Connection ? No Log

ok guys, i gotta be honest here, i got home and did some more tinkering, and discovered that a few weeks ago i had blocked the kids on the unifi access points (this is before i installed the USG), regardless the kids had switched to a NON-UNIFI AP and so everything was still working before i installed the USG....  so after going into INSIGHT and looking at BLOCKED i made a discovery, next time i will just rate limit when they are watching netflix Man WinkUbnt Banana

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1

you might use Tftpd32 or other syslog server to get some detail information .  Tftpd32 is a free .

and would you can provide controller .supp and backyo .unf files ....syslog to us .

We will reproduce it on our test LAB .

Have a good day and Thanks .

ok guys, i gotta be honest here, i got home and did some more tinkering, and discovered that a few weeks ago i had blocked the kids on the unifi access points (this is before i installed the USG), regardless the kids had switched to a NON-UNIFI AP and so everything was still working before i installed the USG....  so after going into INSIGHT and looking at BLOCKED i made a discovery, next time i will just rate limit when they are watching netflix Man WinkUbnt Banana

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1

just makesure , your PS4 model is "CUH-1207A" , right ? 

so everything was gone when you unblock it ?

thanks your reply : )