Kudos: 26
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Unifi switch > LAG > Netgear?

TLDR: Can you set up a four port LAG between a Netgear JGS524Ev2 and a US-24 Unifi Switch? 

I currently have a Netgear JGS524Ev2 switch with four ports on a LAG to a matching switch and then two additional ports from that switch to a Netgear GS116Ev2. 

If I replace the first 24 netgear with a Unifi 24 port will I still be able to support the 4 ports that are currently LAG'ed? 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unifi switch > LAG > Netgear?

So it does not work.  Finally found documentation after I bought new equipment. 

Guess I am getting two 24p and one 8p Unifi Switch! 

"Note: Static link aggregation (port trunking) is supported on models GS116E, JGS516PE, JGS524E, and JGS524PE. Link aggregation groups (LAGs) allow you to combine multiple Ethernet links into a single logical link. Network devices treat the aggregation as if it were a single link, which increases fault tolerance and load sharing. The number of LAGs that the switch supports depends on the model. Configure LAG membership before you enable the LAG.

Note: The switch does not support IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation or Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) groups. The switch supports manual static LAGs only."

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 38

Unifi switchs support LACP.

Ok... does that mean they will play nice or not at all? 

Not sure if LACP and LAG are the same or if there are diffrent "protocals" for diffrent versions???? 

Kudos: 275
Solutions: 38

LACP is standard IEEE 802.3ad which is the common standard. Should work.

Thank you very much!!! I will order today and see. If it dosn't work I guess i will just have to upgrade the whole network and move the Netgear stuff to my mother inlaw's.

So it does not work.  Finally found documentation after I bought new equipment. 

Guess I am getting two 24p and one 8p Unifi Switch! 

"Note: Static link aggregation (port trunking) is supported on models GS116E, JGS516PE, JGS524E, and JGS524PE. Link aggregation groups (LAGs) allow you to combine multiple Ethernet links into a single logical link. Network devices treat the aggregation as if it were a single link, which increases fault tolerance and load sharing. The number of LAGs that the switch supports depends on the model. Configure LAG membership before you enable the LAG.

Note: The switch does not support IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation or Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) groups. The switch supports manual static LAGs only."