Highlighted
Kudos: 3
Accepted Solution

Upgrade firmware of UniFi Switch. Adoption failed

Hi!

After upgrading UniFi controller 4.6.3 I updated all APs successfully.

But when I updated the UniFi Switch 48 POE-500W I got message: "Adoption failed". IP on unit showing 192.168.1.20.

But my management net is 192.168.2.*

Management net goes untagged on network.

What happend? How can unifi controller find my switch again? Switch config is set to DHCP.

I've rebooted the switch earlier without problems.

Accepted Solutions
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1341
Solutions: 351

Re: Upgrade firmware of UniFi Switch. Adoption failed

192.168.1.20 is the default IP that is used by the switch when no DHCP server can be found.  Check your DHCP server is running (most likely it is, but just in case).

Next, try restarting the switch, and see if that gets it running again.  If not, set up a laptop with a 192.186.1.x address and connect to the switch using SSH.  If that works, the switch is running, just not getting an IP for some reason. Hopefully the restart will get the IP back again.

Cheers,

Andrew

View solution in original post

All Replies
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1341
Solutions: 351

192.168.1.20 is the default IP that is used by the switch when no DHCP server can be found.  Check your DHCP server is running (most likely it is, but just in case).

Next, try restarting the switch, and see if that gets it running again.  If not, set up a laptop with a 192.186.1.x address and connect to the switch using SSH.  If that works, the switch is running, just not getting an IP for some reason. Hopefully the restart will get the IP back again.

Cheers,

Andrew

DHCP server working. I've network scanned all VLANs for the MAC address on the switch without any luck. Tried to SSH onto the switch default IP address without any luck. Switch is remote so I'll try to hard-reboot the switch tomorrow. Thanks for the quick reply! I'll update with the status tomorrow.

When I came to the office this morning all network was down.

Seems like the switch hicked up at bit more during the night..

Hard-rebooted the switch and everything is up and running.

I am having the sme problem post upgrade in firmware - both AP's down, both defaulting to 192.168.1.20 and cant work out a way to get them back to my 192.168.0.x

DHCP is running fine too - 

any suggestions?