Kudos: 1

VLAN DHCP Not working

Hi, 

I'm pretty novice when it comes to networking so hopefully I can describe my problem effectively enough for someone to be able to offer some guidance.

The network segment that I'm having issues with looks like this

USG Pro 4
                         |
          Unifi Switch 24 port PoE 250W
                         |
              Unifi AP AC In Wall
             /                   \
        Polycom 1      Unifi Switch 8 PoE 60W
                                  |
                              Polycom 2

Polycom 1 is connected to the PoE + Data port on the InWall AP, and that port is configured to use Profile "VoIP VLAN" which is VLAN2.  This works as expected and the phone gets an IP address properly assigned from the pool assigned to VLAN 2

The other port on the Inwall AP (data only port) is assigned profile "All"

Polycom 2 is connected to a port on the 8-port switch that is assigned profile "VoIP VLAN" (VlLAN 2). However, it gives a DHCP error. If I change that port to be profile "All" or "LAN" it gets an IP address assigned from the main LAN DHCP pool.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple in the configuration here but I can't figure out what. I just want Polycom 2 to be on the VoIP VLAN (VLAN 2).

Kudos: 1

Re: VLAN DHCP Not working

I still haven't been able to get this working, but noticed something interesting that feels like maybe it could be part of my problem - although I'm not exactly sure how I can fix this.

I pulled up the Topology view in my controller and noticed that the switches I'm having trouble getting the VLAN to route through don't look like they are connected to the network (but they certainly are as the computer I'm working on right now is connected to the switch at the end of this line).

The two red lines show the connections that should exist but do not. 

How could I troubleshoot what might be going on here?

UnifiNetwork.PNG