Kudos: 14

VPN Speed test

I see lots of conversations about people not getting the speeds they are expecting over VPN, but non showing how they are getting these numbers.  I am trying to figure out the best way to test my VPN speed.  I have 3 locations 2 of them have a vpn setup to the 3rd location.  1 of them never has an issue and is able to copy GB's of data overnight.  The other seems to time out and fail a copy of a couple hundred MB.  I was hoping there was a statistic section for the VPNs but that looks like a dead end.  Besides creating a 100MB file and copying it at various times in the day to see what the throughput is, what else can I do?  

Both VPNs are Site to Site IPSEC going from SonicWall to Unifi.  The one that works all the time is on Spectrum all the way, the other is on a small town internet company and no option to switch.

Thanks

Bill

Kudos: 469
Solutions: 122

Re: VPN Speed test

[ Edited ]

@billgod wrote:

Both VPNs are Site to Site IPSEC going from SonicWall to Unifi.  The one that works all the time is on Spectrum all the way, the other is on a small town internet company and no option to switch.

A little off topic, but my ISP here has two employees, husband and wife. She manages the office, he does installs and break fix. They had three until a few weeks ago, one of the installers got married and left our little town. I think they are currently at 150 customers. Talk about small!