Highlighted
Kudos: 7
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

iOS Unifi.app - access CloudKey without internet

Hi,

today, we had a problem with our ISP. I've trie to access the cloud key via Unifi.app on my iPad at home on local network, however, it didn't discover anything. I was able to acess it via Google Chrome and its IP, but not via the Application. Am I doing something wrong? I understand that without internet connection, I can't access it from outsite my home network, but from inside?

My setup: USG, US-8-60W, UAP-AC-Lite, Cloud Key

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 41
Solutions: 10

Re: iOS Unifi.app - access CloudKey without internet

ok,0 i dont have mine setup like this, but i tcould be that what is happening is your iOS app is trying to talk to the 'cloud' instance on the internet, instead of your local cloud key. 

Can you setup a seperate connection in the iOS app as a test and instead of the ubnt url, enter the local IP address of your cloudkey (192.168.1.42)

when this connects, you are connecting actually to the cloud key, and not to any other instane on the internet, 

Alternativly, for the existing connection you have setup in the app, you are using an option 'Smart', which im guessing uses the cloud instance first, can you select the bottom option - IP address, and connect.

This wont help when you're outside the network, but at least we can prove the app can/cant connect, 

View solution in original post

All Replies

What’s the server address of the cloud key entered in the app? Possible it’s using the public ip of you network?

Not exactly sure. It has 192.168.1.42 on my local network. There I sign to Cloud access via unifi.ubnt.com and linked everything into the app.

here is the screenshot of the settings.FDE8B590-C77F-4D64-B11B-F683E9B9411F.png

ok,0 i dont have mine setup like this, but i tcould be that what is happening is your iOS app is trying to talk to the 'cloud' instance on the internet, instead of your local cloud key. 

Can you setup a seperate connection in the iOS app as a test and instead of the ubnt url, enter the local IP address of your cloudkey (192.168.1.42)

when this connects, you are connecting actually to the cloud key, and not to any other instane on the internet, 

Alternativly, for the existing connection you have setup in the app, you are using an option 'Smart', which im guessing uses the cloud instance first, can you select the bottom option - IP address, and connect.

This wont help when you're outside the network, but at least we can prove the app can/cant connect, 

Thanks for advice. I’ve tried to add another connection via IP 192.168.1.42 and when I saved it, it somehow automatically add that to the cloud connection.

So I belive now it would work!

thanks a lot!

F1601C21-5822-4706-AF40-BE205E4164D4.jpeg