Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

new USG-Pro-4 stopped me being able to remote desktop (externaly)

Hi, I am a noob to network stuff (thank goodness for youtube) i have a few Unifi products, my set up went : wan to unifi security gateway then unifi switch 24 the splits of from there to 2 smaller POe switches, one having a ap-ac-pro & cloud key and the other has ap-ac-lr...

everything worked perfectly, i had opened a few ports on my wan and used the usg to forward the ports to microsoft remote desktop / apple remote desktop machines i could access from anywhere and have my machines do jobs before i got home...

recently i had a little extra cash and decided to sell off my USG and replace it with a USG-PRO-4 (bloody nice machine), so i told cloud key to forget the old USG and away it went unboxed the new USG-Pro-4 and plugged in, adopted it and everything looked to be working fine, went to work the next day and i couldn't remote in to any my home computers so when i got home i tried to remote in and it was working fine, so i tried to remote in from outside the network again but still failed...

so i can remote in to any computer whilst at home but not externaly, i double checked my sky router to check the ports and it was fine, i removed the port forwards on cloud manager and creted new ones but to no avail, anyone got any ideas...?

Accepted Solutions

Re: new USG-Pro-4 stopped me being able to remote desktop (externaly)

I got it sorted, i had gotten to the stage that i was hating my network but it came down to 3 options :

1 : power everything off and bring up slowley one device at a time

2: remove all port forward settings from ISp device and cloudkey / USG

3: blank all unifi data (cloudkey reset and start again)

tried number one and no luck whatsoever

number two deleted all port forward settings and put them back in and would you bloody believe it, it worked i have no idea what had caused the issue but i'm thinking i was to pissed at it to see what was wrong, i got in to work this morning and tested, is working a treat...

so thanks to the people who replied i got some info that i'm sure will help if i have anymore issues...

William...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 2188
Solutions: 636

Hello,

What firmware version are you running on the USG?

Are the forwarding IPs still going to the correct machines?

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W 3x • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2-PLUS • UCK-G2 • UCK
Kudos: 5

You can test your port forwards and making sure they work with the linked article below. I had a similar issue and followed the steps only to find out that my gateway on the server was wrong. https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/235723207-UniFi-USG-Port-Forward-Port-Forwarding-Configurati...

Hi, sorry took so long i have been busy as hell, anyway the USG is on ver 4.4.22.5086057 and the computers that i am forwarding to have been given static addresses...

Thanks, will give that a try later today...

I got it sorted, i had gotten to the stage that i was hating my network but it came down to 3 options :

1 : power everything off and bring up slowley one device at a time

2: remove all port forward settings from ISp device and cloudkey / USG

3: blank all unifi data (cloudkey reset and start again)

tried number one and no luck whatsoever

number two deleted all port forward settings and put them back in and would you bloody believe it, it worked i have no idea what had caused the issue but i'm thinking i was to pissed at it to see what was wrong, i got in to work this morning and tested, is working a treat...

so thanks to the people who replied i got some info that i'm sure will help if i have anymore issues...

William...