a month ago
1U Rack Mount CloudKey
Reason for Installation
Hello everyone, well this is my very 1st post... My project for today was to mount my Cloud Key on to a blank 1U rack mounted plate... After drilling the holes for the light and keystone... The plate got spray painted silver to match the rest of the equipment. I used gorilla tape to hold the Cloud Key in place, since I didn't want to damage the key in case I wanted to pull it from the plate, I could of used Velcro too... Installed the CAT6 keystone jack and plugged in the Cloud Key to the jack and mounted it to my rack and then plugged it into my switch... This cleaned it up quite a bit since its not dangling around or being pulled on... I hope Ubiquiti will come up with a plate to look like the rest of their equipment including their square blue light...
Used Products
×1
×1
×1
×1
Description

IMG_20180422_111549.jpgFront view of 1U mounted Cloud Key

Front view of the 1U mounted Cloud Key with the holes drilled out for the light and keystone jack...  Gorilla tape is used to hold the key in place.

IMG_20180422_111558.jpgBack of 1U mounted CloudKey

MVIMG_20180422_185225.jpgCloud Key mount on Server Rack

IMG_20180422_185607.jpgOverall view of Rack before installing in new house being bulit

Picked up a used server case where I have my 75 tarabytes video server installed, along with a blank keystone plate when I finally move into my new house...

1U Rack Mount CloudKey

by a month ago

IMG_20180422_111549.jpgFront view of 1U mounted Cloud Key

Front view of the 1U mounted Cloud Key with the holes drilled out for the light and keystone jack...  Gorilla tape is used to hold the key in place.

IMG_20180422_111558.jpgBack of 1U mounted CloudKey

MVIMG_20180422_185225.jpgCloud Key mount on Server Rack

IMG_20180422_185607.jpgOverall view of Rack before installing in new house being bulit

Picked up a used server case where I have my 75 tarabytes video server installed, along with a blank keystone plate when I finally move into my new house...

{"location":{"title":"Lancaster, CA, USA","placeId":"ChIJQYDoaLFawoARBz4Lfc9yxFg"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-cloud-key","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ac-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifiswitch-24-250w","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"Hello everyone, well this is my very 1st post... My project for today was to mount my Cloud Key on to a blank 1U rack mounted plate... After drilling the holes for the light and keystone... The plate got spray painted silver to match the rest of the equipment. I used gorilla tape to hold the Cloud Key in place, since I didn't want to damage the key in case I wanted to pull it from the plate, I could of used Velcro too... Installed the CAT6 keystone jack and plugged in the Cloud Key to the jack and mounted it to my rack and then plugged it into my switch... This cleaned it up quite a bit since its not dangling around or being pulled on...\n\nI hope Ubiquiti will come up with a plate to look like the rest of their equipment including their square blue light...","mainImage":"153758i53167CD507A8E913"}

Comments
by
a month ago

Sweet.. I can see you have plenty available ports there.

Always wanted a wall rack for my home, but switch bigger than 8 ports will be a waste of money for me.

by
a month ago

I like the way this turned out. It looks a lot better that a dangling cloud key.

What did you use to drill out the hole for the key stone?

by
a month ago

@vimobeI'm in the process of bulding a house, by the time I have everything hooked up, there will no ports free...  8 cameras, 3 TVs, 3 stereos, 3 IPTV devices, 5 IP phones...  So it'll be completely max out...

@TekelenburgI used a small drillbit for the keystone until I had enough cut out where I could use a file to smooth the edges...

by
a month ago

Would you be able to list which 1u blank rack plate you bought and what spray paint? I think this looks amazing. Will make one this weekend.

by
a month ago

@xkrazHere is the link for ebay for the plate I bought and the spray paint that I used.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1U-blank-panel-rack-space-filler-EIA-19-Beight-light-gray-color/32182289316...

IMG_20180424_043241.jpg

by
a month ago

Thank you.

by
a month ago

nice!

by
a month ago

nice job!

by
a month ago

Looks great - I love these posts with imaginative ideas. Good work!

by
4 weeks ago

Next think to do is use some sort of spacer behind the plate so that it mounts flush with the switches above it. Overall looks great, I appreciate a clean rack setup.