Used Products
×1
×1
×1
×1
727 West 40th Street, Baltimore, MD 21211, USA
Description

Just finished a project for Club Pilates (Rotunda) in Baltimore, MD 

The owners wanted a rock-solid network with bulletproof Wi-Fi for staff and Hotspot for their customers, and Surveillance system. It was no brainer for me when choosing the right hardware for this job. The owner is longtime friend of mine, so I couldn’t cut corners on this project. I made a list for everything needed and when all the hardware arrived I have begun the deployment.

Scope of the project:

1. Cabling - 11 drops terminated w/keystone jacks (CAT6 cable(s) & jacks)
  2. Install pass-through wall plate
  3. Install 4-port Cat6 wall plate (Port 1,2 - T568A, Port 3,4 - T568B)
  4. Assembled 12U rack
  5. Install 24-port Cat6 patch panel
  6. Install 6 Drop-Ceiling Mount for UVC-G3-FLEX
  7. Install UAP-AC-HD access point
  8. Install 6 UVC-G3-FLEX Cameras (One of cameras was RMA’d due to the power failure)
  9. Install Unifi US‑16‑150W switch
  10. Install Unifi USG-PRO-4 gateway
  11. Install Unifi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus (Rack mount is out of stock – will add later)
  12. Install / Connect - Comcast Modem(s) in cabinet on 1U shelf
  13. Install Cyber Power OR500LCDRM1U UPS
  14. Install AP7900 APC PDU
  15. Configuration

My friend (owner) is extremely happy about on how everything turned out, considering I have charged him just for my time at the half the rate of my regular customers. Now he wants to upgrade all of his home network after I showed him speed test Driving at his new business vs his house.

I just love happy customers when they bragging about their new set-ups, it puts a smile on my face. Icon Biggrin 

https://www.facebook.com/HDOTCO/ - cross-posted on Facebook. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

HDOT.jpgwww.hdot.co

Club Pilates (Rotunda) - Networking & Surveillance Installed

by a month ago

Just finished a project for Club Pilates (Rotunda) in Baltimore, MD 

The owners wanted a rock-solid network with bulletproof Wi-Fi for staff and Hotspot for their customers, and Surveillance system. It was no brainer for me when choosing the right hardware for this job. The owner is longtime friend of mine, so I couldn’t cut corners on this project. I made a list for everything needed and when all the hardware arrived I have begun the deployment.

Scope of the project:

1. Cabling - 11 drops terminated w/keystone jacks (CAT6 cable(s) & jacks)
  2. Install pass-through wall plate
  3. Install 4-port Cat6 wall plate (Port 1,2 - T568A, Port 3,4 - T568B)
  4. Assembled 12U rack
  5. Install 24-port Cat6 patch panel
  6. Install 6 Drop-Ceiling Mount for UVC-G3-FLEX
  7. Install UAP-AC-HD access point
  8. Install 6 UVC-G3-FLEX Cameras (One of cameras was RMA’d due to the power failure)
  9. Install Unifi US‑16‑150W switch
  10. Install Unifi USG-PRO-4 gateway
  11. Install Unifi Cloud Key Gen2 Plus (Rack mount is out of stock – will add later)
  12. Install / Connect - Comcast Modem(s) in cabinet on 1U shelf
  13. Install Cyber Power OR500LCDRM1U UPS
  14. Install AP7900 APC PDU
  15. Configuration

My friend (owner) is extremely happy about on how everything turned out, considering I have charged him just for my time at the half the rate of my regular customers. Now he wants to upgrade all of his home network after I showed him speed test Driving at his new business vs his house.

I just love happy customers when they bragging about their new set-ups, it puts a smile on my face. Icon Biggrin 

https://www.facebook.com/HDOTCO/ - cross-posted on Facebook. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

HDOT.jpgwww.hdot.co

{"location":{"title":"727 West 40th Street, Baltimore, MD 21211, USA","placeId":"ChIJO_NVaC8FyIkRp-sU71sIS14"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-security-gateway-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-16-150w","count":1},{"id":"unifi-cloud-key-gen2-plus","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ac-hd","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"195870i6FAF418ACF8ED56A"}

Comments
by
a month ago

I like it great setup but why only one AP 

what I& it fails is there a spare on standby 

and how is the VLAN and management structure 

by
4 weeks ago

Hi bell1602, thank you for kind words. This studio is pretty small and there is no need for a second access point in regards of coverage, although I went with UAP-AC-HD to future proof. Also, there is no need for redundancy as Wi-Fi is more for convenience and is not critical for operation. I always have a spare ap's if there a failure and I can swap it within 24 hours. The guest network is on separate VLAN with bandwidth throttling at 5/2 on 150/20 connection. All management is done by UCKP (Controller / Protect) with cloud enabled, this way I can change configuration from anywhere. I have created separate ADMIN account (Controller / Protect) for the owner, so they have access for entire system, however I have a complete BACKUP just in case I need to do a restore if something to happen.

by
4 weeks ago

Nice to see something local. I wish Verizon would have put Fios in the city. I see the Comcast modem, are they renting that? And are you sure about 20 upload? I had the same plan 3 years ago and it was 179/11 most of the time. 

by
4 weeks ago

Hi Ravens5, I am also glad to see fellow Baltimorian Smiley Happy. Unfortunately FIOS wasn't available, and they had to go with Comcast, and upload is capped at 20mbps although I have tested it and it was pulling 175/24 consistently. With commercial accounts there no way around it in regards of owning your equipment, but this is not a biggest concern for the owner concidering the investment in this new business. The owner is good friend of mine and if you can spread the word about it I would appreciate it. Go Ravens!!!