02/14/2018
Downtown Municipal Wifi
Reason for Installation
4 Blocks of open street and walkways. I shade shelter structures with MM-Fiber in the attics. 120 Yards between each structure. US-8-150 in each shelter to power single UAP-AC-MESH-Pro & two UVC-G3's.
Used Products
×1
×1
750 Main St, Grand Junction, CO 81501, USA
Description

I don't get around to posting stories much, but we do a LOT of Unifi gear as a turn-key networking solution. We recently just partnered with our Downtown Authority to install free wifi access on Main Street in Grand Junction, CO.

We made a video, so I'm just going to post that with this short description. We've retained a videographer (he made this video) to continue making videos around our more significant projects. I'll share when that happens.

We have several projects in the works we'll post about in the future. Here's a couple:

1. An 80-unit private condo MDU where we're doing managed internet and wifi to every unit (built on unifi) back-fed with our 10-Gig fiber (incidentally we have a lot of Airmax and AF stuff on the roof as well).
2. A 120-unit assisted living center. Every unit gets a AC-IW, everything managed by us and internet delivered by us (gigabit) using AF's.

List goes on. Man Happy

Edit_Main St WIFI 05.00_01_46_00.Still003.jpeg

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 20.02.30.png

sxIttUAXSTmWZpccpqqFOw.jpg

Downtown Municipal Wifi

by on ‎02-14-2018 03:19 PM

I don't get around to posting stories much, but we do a LOT of Unifi gear as a turn-key networking solution. We recently just partnered with our Downtown Authority to install free wifi access on Main Street in Grand Junction, CO.

We made a video, so I'm just going to post that with this short description. We've retained a videographer (he made this video) to continue making videos around our more significant projects. I'll share when that happens.

We have several projects in the works we'll post about in the future. Here's a couple:

1. An 80-unit private condo MDU where we're doing managed internet and wifi to every unit (built on unifi) back-fed with our 10-Gig fiber (incidentally we have a lot of Airmax and AF stuff on the roof as well).
2. A 120-unit assisted living center. Every unit gets a AC-IW, everything managed by us and internet delivered by us (gigabit) using AF's.

List goes on. Man Happy

Edit_Main St WIFI 05.00_01_46_00.Still003.jpeg

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 20.02.30.png

sxIttUAXSTmWZpccpqqFOw.jpg

{"location":{"title":"750 Main St, Grand Junction, CO 81501, USA","placeId":"ChIJzTe06mccR4cRt0kP6mB2axw"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-ac-mesh-pro-ap-beta","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-150w","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"4 Blocks of open street and walkways.\nI shade shelter structures with MM-Fiber in the attics. \n120 Yards between each structure. \nUS-8-150 in each shelter to power single UAP-AC-MESH-Pro & two UVC-G3's.\n","mainImage":"143151i8E40D0B351D1B3DD"}

Colter \'kohl-ter '\ vb : to be Ubiquiti noob.
Colter \'kohl-ter '\ n : The notorious "hold my beer, I got this" guy.
Comments
by
on ‎02-14-2018 04:19 PM

Nice story, well made video! 

by
on ‎02-16-2018 10:04 PM

Great Vide! Sent a PM

by
on ‎02-23-2018 05:37 AM

Wow! You should help us out at Carbondale up the highway. Comcast wants to charge us $800,000 + dollars for a fiber line.

by
on ‎03-18-2018 11:45 AM

@athornfam2 Well thats a little nuts. Reach out, we like lending helping hands to solve problems like that when we can. Man Happy