2 weeks ago
FrankenSite Gen4
Reason for Installation
I built this in one day so its a bit rough The aim was to fit everything required for a site in an aluminium box It is rackmount size but intended for wallmount also You can see the temperature through the fan in one of the pics. Its called frankensite intended as a site box I learnt how to make the next one better 🙂
Used Products
×1
×1
×1
×2
Silver City Hwy, Tibooburra NSW 2880, Australia
Description

FrameFrame

E93C57AE-035F-4FBF-84D9-330035745D16.jpeg

TestingTesting

See the temp through the fanSee the temp through the fan

I built this in one day so its a bit rough

The aim was to fit everything required for a site in an aluminium box

It is rackmount size but intended for wallmount also

You can see the temperature through the fan in one of the pics.

Its called frankensite intended as a site box

I learnt how to make the next one better 🙂

Position provisionPosition provision

FrankenSite Gen4

by 2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

FrameFrame

E93C57AE-035F-4FBF-84D9-330035745D16.jpeg

TestingTesting

See the temp through the fanSee the temp through the fan

I built this in one day so its a bit rough

The aim was to fit everything required for a site in an aluminium box

It is rackmount size but intended for wallmount also

You can see the temperature through the fan in one of the pics.

Its called frankensite intended as a site box

I learnt how to make the next one better 🙂

Position provisionPosition provision

{"location":{"title":"Silver City Hwy, Tibooburra NSW 2880, Australia","placeId":"ChIJVxrTGmr99moRJ7YrQQFvwwg"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-security-gateway","count":1},{"id":"unifi-cloud-key","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-60w-b","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ap-pro","count":2}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"I built this in one day so its a bit rough\n\nThe aim was to fit everything required for a site in an aluminium box\n\nIt is rackmount size but intended for wallmount also\n\nYou can see the temperature through the fan in one of the pics.\n\nIts called frankensite intended as a site box\n\nI learnt how to make the next one better 🙂","mainImage":"137920iEE99AE236DF79FCF"}

Comments
by
2 weeks ago

the switch and router gears fairly warm. I would watch out for that. I put two fans on both .

by
2 weeks ago

Nice!  I love the name :-P

Did you put a lid on it?  What does it look like mounted?  More pics please!  

by
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@cardins2u it doesnt go above 34 degrees c even on a really hot day. You can see temp in top right and through the fan also it runs colder with the lid/face on

the fan moves the entire case volume of air every second on themostat, i have realised the key is aluminium. 

As it disperses heat very well and is easily cooled,

with a combination of heating and cooling proces it can push cold air through the air filters very quick cooling the surface area of aluminium

i have also done extensive testing with thermal imaging

@OzPHB thereis a pic with the lid above its all aluminium each side

My generation 2 build was my favorite which i built over three months, i will try post a video.., which has a fantastic sleek aluminum shell though this frankensite build was more about how small can it be. And was a rough job built in one day for prototype testing

by
a week ago

Nice work! Are you as remote as the map indicates or somewhere more coastal? Cause I can't help but think that the location on the map would get very hot!

Looks good anyway, do these deploy to customer sites or do you manage some kind of setup yourself?