×3
×1
×2
×1
×1
×1
Description

Hi Everyone,

This story is in the unifi area as most of the hardware is unifi related.  I Been doing some work on my house lately and havent posted for awhile.  A couple years ago I remodeled my basement and Put all mFi hardware in the 2 rooms and area I remodeled, and shortly before.  Sure do wish the mFi was still around.  I put all mFi outlets in my lab so I could monitor power usage in there.  My Core Gear is also on mFi so I can monitor how much it costs me to run it every month.  For Home Intercom I am using mostly A different Vendors products for telephones and the UCM.  I have 2 Unifi Phones and they work pretty well.  when I put the cameras in 3.5 years ago UBNT was on the G2 Cameras which I didnt like.  My next upgrade will be Unifi G3 cameras, as UBNT really improved on them.  Anytime UBNT releases hardware I hurry up and buy one of each device.  when the LED's were released I went ahead and bought some of those and the dimmers for them, as I needed lights in the basement.  I did have dual gigabit internet pipes for about 3 months.  Once I got my setup stabalized, I canceled one of them. 

IMG_1212.JPGMy Only Edgemax Switch

IMG_1214.JPGIn Wall AC Pro AP in my Lab

IMG_1216.JPGGood Ol'e mFi. Still works solid

IMG_1217.JPGMore mFi Outlets

IMG_1218.JPGUBNT LED Dimmer

IMG_1219.JPGLove mFi

IMG_1220.JPGCore Rack Pic 1

IMG_1222.JPGLine Conditioner with the XG Gateway screen

IMG_1223.JPGCore Pic

IMG_1224.JPG48 Port non PoE Switch for Servers

IMG_1225.JPGmFi Power to Monitor Core Power Usage

IMG_1226.JPGLED Panel 1

IMG_1227.JPGLED Panel 2

IMG_1228.JPGLED Panel 3

IMG_1265.JPGServers In Rack

IMG_1266.JPGFiber Jumpers to Servers

RACK.JPGAnother picture of the Core

IMG_1229.JPGAnother LED Dimmer

IMG_1231.JPGBasement Camera watching Core Area

IMG_1232.JPGCore Routing and Switching Gear from A Distance

IMG_1233.JPGSecurity System Controls Behind Core

IMG_1234.JPGKeypad For Security System

IMG_1235.JPGGuest Room (Or Room For Baby)

IMG_1236.JPGGuest Room where Media Station

IMG_1238.JPGmFi controlling outdoor Lights

IMG_1239.JPGMaster Bedroom AP (SHD)

IMG_1241.JPGSwitch in Master Bedroom

IMG_1242.JPGPhone in Master Bedroom

IMG_1243.JPGXG access Point In Parlor

IMG_1244.JPGCamera on Garage

IMG_1245.JPGmFi Light Switches On Garage for indoor and outdoor lights

IMG_1246.JPGKeypad for Security System Attached to house

IMG_1247.JPGGarage mFi 3 mPower

IMG_1250.JPGGarage mPorts controlling the door opener

IMG_1254.JPGMpower 8 port mFi

IMG_1255.JPGTv in Garage hooked to switch

IMG_1256.JPGUnifi HD AP

IMG_1257.JPGCamera on House (need to be replaced)

IMG_1258.JPGAnother Camera watching Driveway

IMG_1259.JPGParlor Switch (4K Tv hooked to it)

I also have had the opertounetey to show this setup to @UBNT-DavidS when he was in town .  I would like to give a shoutout to everyone who has helped me acomplish what i have in my home and making it work the way I want.  I am truly a UBNT fanboy and have been since around 2009 when I setup my first PTP Bridge in a tow yard.  Then a co-worker got me into Unifi back before the USG or switches were out.  My First AP was the UAP with the green ring.  I think I still have the orignal AP somewhere on a shelf.  I picked up the AP and never looked back and have been along for the ride ever since.  UBNT you guys have come a long way in the last 3-5 years!!  Special Thank you to @UBNT-Robert for making networking affordable for EVERYONE!!!  

@UBNT-MikeD

@UBNT-DavidS

@UBNT-JaM

@UBNT-Yen

@UBNT-jeff

@UBNT-BenBuckley

@UBNT-MatthewR

@Alan87i

@DrDiesel

@MAKuser

@TyShawn

PLATE.jpgThe Icing on the cake

Full UBNT Home (Well almost)

by a month ago - last edited 4 weeks ago

Hi Everyone,

This story is in the unifi area as most of the hardware is unifi related.  I Been doing some work on my house lately and havent posted for awhile.  A couple years ago I remodeled my basement and Put all mFi hardware in the 2 rooms and area I remodeled, and shortly before.  Sure do wish the mFi was still around.  I put all mFi outlets in my lab so I could monitor power usage in there.  My Core Gear is also on mFi so I can monitor how much it costs me to run it every month.  For Home Intercom I am using mostly A different Vendors products for telephones and the UCM.  I have 2 Unifi Phones and they work pretty well.  when I put the cameras in 3.5 years ago UBNT was on the G2 Cameras which I didnt like.  My next upgrade will be Unifi G3 cameras, as UBNT really improved on them.  Anytime UBNT releases hardware I hurry up and buy one of each device.  when the LED's were released I went ahead and bought some of those and the dimmers for them, as I needed lights in the basement.  I did have dual gigabit internet pipes for about 3 months.  Once I got my setup stabalized, I canceled one of them. 

IMG_1212.JPGMy Only Edgemax Switch

IMG_1214.JPGIn Wall AC Pro AP in my Lab

IMG_1216.JPGGood Ol'e mFi. Still works solid

IMG_1217.JPGMore mFi Outlets

IMG_1218.JPGUBNT LED Dimmer

IMG_1219.JPGLove mFi

IMG_1220.JPGCore Rack Pic 1

IMG_1222.JPGLine Conditioner with the XG Gateway screen

IMG_1223.JPGCore Pic

IMG_1224.JPG48 Port non PoE Switch for Servers

IMG_1225.JPGmFi Power to Monitor Core Power Usage

IMG_1226.JPGLED Panel 1

IMG_1227.JPGLED Panel 2

IMG_1228.JPGLED Panel 3

IMG_1265.JPGServers In Rack

IMG_1266.JPGFiber Jumpers to Servers

RACK.JPGAnother picture of the Core

IMG_1229.JPGAnother LED Dimmer

IMG_1231.JPGBasement Camera watching Core Area

IMG_1232.JPGCore Routing and Switching Gear from A Distance

IMG_1233.JPGSecurity System Controls Behind Core

IMG_1234.JPGKeypad For Security System

IMG_1235.JPGGuest Room (Or Room For Baby)

IMG_1236.JPGGuest Room where Media Station

IMG_1238.JPGmFi controlling outdoor Lights

IMG_1239.JPGMaster Bedroom AP (SHD)

IMG_1241.JPGSwitch in Master Bedroom

IMG_1242.JPGPhone in Master Bedroom

IMG_1243.JPGXG access Point In Parlor

IMG_1244.JPGCamera on Garage

IMG_1245.JPGmFi Light Switches On Garage for indoor and outdoor lights

IMG_1246.JPGKeypad for Security System Attached to house

IMG_1247.JPGGarage mFi 3 mPower

IMG_1250.JPGGarage mPorts controlling the door opener

IMG_1254.JPGMpower 8 port mFi

IMG_1255.JPGTv in Garage hooked to switch

IMG_1256.JPGUnifi HD AP

IMG_1257.JPGCamera on House (need to be replaced)

IMG_1258.JPGAnother Camera watching Driveway

IMG_1259.JPGParlor Switch (4K Tv hooked to it)

I also have had the opertounetey to show this setup to @UBNT-DavidS when he was in town .  I would like to give a shoutout to everyone who has helped me acomplish what i have in my home and making it work the way I want.  I am truly a UBNT fanboy and have been since around 2009 when I setup my first PTP Bridge in a tow yard.  Then a co-worker got me into Unifi back before the USG or switches were out.  My First AP was the UAP with the green ring.  I think I still have the orignal AP somewhere on a shelf.  I picked up the AP and never looked back and have been along for the ride ever since.  UBNT you guys have come a long way in the last 3-5 years!!  Special Thank you to @UBNT-Robert for making networking affordable for EVERYONE!!!  

@UBNT-MikeD

@UBNT-DavidS

@UBNT-JaM

@UBNT-Yen

@UBNT-jeff

@UBNT-BenBuckley

@UBNT-MatthewR

@Alan87i

@DrDiesel

@MAKuser

@TyShawn

PLATE.jpgThe Icing on the cake

{"location":{"title":"Salt Lake City, Utah, USA","placeId":"ChIJ7THRiJQ9UocRyjFNSKC3U1s"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"l2-managed-poe-gigabit-switch-with-sfp","count":1},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway-xg","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ap-ac-shd","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ac-hd","count":1},{"id":"unifi-application-server","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-16-xg-beta","count":1},{"id":"unifiswitch-48-500w","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-150w","count":3},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-60w-b","count":1},{"id":"unifi-professional-mounting-plate","count":2},{"id":"unifi-switch-48","count":1},{"id":"unifi-voip-phone-executive","count":1},{"id":"unifi-voip-phone","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"171615i634B438BC1DAE9E0"}

I can not teach you anything. I can only make you think. Please don't forget to mark posts as solutions, and to give kudos when something solves your issue.
Comments
by
a month ago

If anyone has questions about my setup please let me know

by
a month ago

NICE work my friend. Now that I brought my home lets see if I can match your UniFi collection Man Happy.

by
a month ago

Nice setup, whats the unifi device at the bottom of the rack with the big power button near the middle? Don't recognize it.

by Ubiquiti Employee
4 weeks ago

@panthergm  Nice Setup! 

by
4 weeks ago

Why the USG-XG? Seems a little overkill for a home solution no?

by
4 weeks ago

Xg for symmetrical gigabit and ips

by
3 weeks ago

horrible job Man Very Happy something hw is cool .. but if I did this so I get fired .. 

by
3 weeks ago

Awesome setup!

by
2 weeks ago

82 clients! lol. Nice setup Man Happy

Question... What does the LiveWire Power Conditioner do? 

by
2 weeks ago

Power conditioner.  Cleans the dirty Power coming in from the Poco.