Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Gotta Love this kit

by a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hey all 

Like most i started out watching from a far untill i could justified making the leap over to unfi.

As a UK resident i start out with BT routers from HUB 1-6,  P(i do a lot of there trials)  but awhile ago i ordered a few UAP's and fell for unifi.

I felt the controller screen was lacking without a USG so again took a leap and then justified it to the wife after.

i upgraded to UAP AC and am currently holding till again i can justify upgrading to hopefully UAP AP Pro's and a 8 port 60 watt switch.

i gotta say a big thanks to UBNT as your kits rocks

my current setup is

openreach modem unlocked on ADSL2+ 24 meg sync ip profile 23700k

USG 

2xUAP AC

RPI3 for the controller (headless)

lindy 6x2 HDMI 4k matrix (2x1080p TV's via HDMI 2.015m leads)

12port patch 

apple tv v3

BT youview no supcription plus netflix

IR room to cabinet via CAT6

RPI3 also running IPC orchid for IP camera NVR

PC 12cm fan conveted to 5v USB for air flow on USG and OR modem

like most still neet ti upgrade and tidy but it's a work in progress

thanks to you wall for the info on the forums its helped alot

IMG_1367.JPGIMG_1368.JPGdevice.PNGdevices.PNGnap.PNGperformance.PNGpi top.PNGusg front.PNG

thanks Lowy

Comments
by
Tuesday

Sounds like you didi what I did.  Bought some some UAPs then buckled to the urge to make all of the circles green!  Now you just need some flavor of US-8 to replace that Netgear. Man Wink

by
Tuesday

Yea that's it. Got a friend going over to the states in a month or so.

They have a list of items to come back in there luggage 

by
Wednesday

Wow what a setup! I do have a recommendation...Dress your cables. I have cable management problems and have tried various things to get it under control. I thought of making my own custom cables but the effort isn't worth the trouble considering the setup can change. From my switch I use "cable cuffs) available from my local Home Depot. They keep the cables neat and if I need to add/change/remove a cable I don't have to cut cable ties; just loosen the cable cuff. I'll post some pics soon to show y'all what I have. It may look intimidating but I know where everything goes.Icon Confused

by
Thursday

Hi did you encounter any problems using the HG612 instead of the HomeHub?

Im just about to drop my HomeHub Airport Extreme setup. I Have aquired an unlocked HG612 3B but noticed in another users post that he had trouble setting up PPOE in the USG.

by
Thursday

No issues at all. You can leave it as is or unlock it to get the stats plus a few more settings and configure it manually.