Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Home Office Network

by ‎05-16-2017 12:12 PM - edited ‎05-16-2017 12:14 PM

I've now fully converted to a UniFi network for my home office & house - last job is to replace the landing LR with a new AC-Pro thats just arrived & retire the couple of LRs... 

unifi.jpgunifi2.jpg

Comments
by
on ‎05-16-2017 04:41 PM

Love your setup! Clean and tidy is where its at! What are the Dell servers doing for you?

by
on ‎05-16-2017 08:20 PM

I agree. Quite trim!

What is the APC rack/cabinet?

Looks like it might be a short one with a door.

Another full view pic ? One with door closed?

Source. Approx $$? Looks 'spendy' but nice.

by
on ‎05-17-2017 02:17 AM

The very bottom Dell unit is the UPS, then above that the 2U unit is an external drive array, the 1U above that is the server. The server does less now that we've moved to Office365 hosted email - so it pretty much handles logins / printing / storage now. (It did have Exchange running too.) The drive array has 12x 2Tb disks in RAID6 to allow for 2 disk failures - and holds a second copy of our company data (the server holds its own seperate copy) & quite a bit of archived CCTV footage.

The rack is an APC NetShelter CX Mini - its a sound-proofed 12U rack. Very $$$ new, but I got this one used from a company that was moving office for about a tenth of the new price! (It looked like new when I got it though!)

http://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/products/NetShelter-CX-Mini-soundproofed-Server-Room-in-a-Box-Enclosur...

by
on ‎05-20-2017 01:41 AM

Hello !

I have UAP-AC-LR and I want to know how many client can connect to one AP ?

Thanks

by
on ‎05-20-2017 01:59 AM