×1
×1
×1
×2
×1
×1
Description

Hi,

I realy like all the different setups many of you have shown here. So thought I also may share my current setup. Smiley Very Happy

I'am living in a apartment with around 80m² (862ft²) on the ground floor with a little yard. This setup in the current state is running for 6 months now without any troubles. First I had build it in a 19" cabinet and mounted it above the door, which worked nice until some temperatur troubles came up. I also have a freezer in this roome and the warm air get's caught unter the celing which wasn't ideal. So I had to move the components and came up with this solution. Which looks nice especially at night I think.  CoolgleamA

UBNT_dark.jpg

(Fun fact: The light spot on the top is actually the UPS display which is placed on the shelf, where the cabinet has been.)

UBNT_Light.jpg

IMG_0470_1.jpg

IMG_0469_1.jpg

Home is where the CloudKey is. :)

by on ‎07-06-2018 03:36 AM

Hi,

I realy like all the different setups many of you have shown here. So thought I also may share my current setup. Smiley Very Happy

I'am living in a apartment with around 80m² (862ft²) on the ground floor with a little yard. This setup in the current state is running for 6 months now without any troubles. First I had build it in a 19" cabinet and mounted it above the door, which worked nice until some temperatur troubles came up. I also have a freezer in this roome and the warm air get's caught unter the celing which wasn't ideal. So I had to move the components and came up with this solution. Which looks nice especially at night I think.  CoolgleamA

UBNT_dark.jpg

(Fun fact: The light spot on the top is actually the UPS display which is placed on the shelf, where the cabinet has been.)

UBNT_Light.jpg

IMG_0470_1.jpg

IMG_0469_1.jpg

{"location":{"title":"Graz, Österreich","placeId":"ChIJu2UwF4c1bkcRm93f0tGKjv4"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-cloud-key","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ac-lr","count":1},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-16-150w","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-beta","count":2},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-150w","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ac-mesh-ap","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"164412i14A6EC1426FCCD31"}

Comments
by
on ‎07-06-2018 06:00 AM

Very cool! I agree at night it looks pretty awesome! What a great space saver idea the way its tucked behind where a wall usually isn't used. Congrats on the cable management, it looks excellent and my OCD thanks you. 

I am wondering what the 3 medium size white boxes are. Are those some sort of patch panel? Or converter of some sort...

by
on ‎07-06-2018 06:29 AM

Beautiful pix! nice and clean setup, i especially like the cable management. where do you buy your kits from?

by
on ‎07-06-2018 11:29 AM

Nice installation! What is the funktion of the white boxes under the usg.

by
on ‎07-06-2018 10:45 PM

They look like some kind of patch pannel.

What is the white box beside the cloud key?

by
on ‎07-07-2018 01:38 AM

That’s a Philips Hue bridge.

by
on ‎07-07-2018 03:44 AM

Looks like those 4 boxes are surface mount boxes https://www.computercablestore.com/6-port-surface-mount-box-white

by
on ‎07-08-2018 05:04 PM

Very nice setup.  Super clean.  Congrats on a job well done.

by
on ‎07-09-2018 12:29 AM

Thanks for the nice feedback. Yes you are right JorgNL those are surface mount boxes for Keystone modules (https://business.assmann.com/sec/scripts/Article.aspx?Nr=DN-93705).

by
on ‎07-15-2018 04:43 PM

what is providing the backlights? philips hue strips or something?  im gonna use some french and say that install looks bad-ass.  congrats!

by
on ‎07-16-2018 01:58 AM

@evanrichHi the "backlight" is actually the LCD Display of the UPS which protects the UBNT components and sits on the opposite side on a shelf. Robot Very Happy (UPS: https://business.assmann.com/sec/scripts/Article.aspx?Nr=DN-170024-1)