04/14/2018
IKEA Rack
Reason for Installation
Home network 1000/1000 Mb. Wireless uplink.
Used Products
×3
×1
×1
×1
Description

Operating 6XCCTV on 2,4G. I have assigned 2 CCTV to each AP using channel 1,6,11 and adjusted the transmit power to cope with neighboring networks. The bandwith is set to 20. It works very well and I have had no breakdowns at all. I am using 5G with same SSID for all compatible clients in house. The House is 1800sqft. I recently upgraded from a Zyxel router that wasnt able to handle the bandwidth of the  The CCTV’s. They simply dropped OFF Line when The neighbor network started their services.

fullsizeoutput_12d7.jpeg

I will spent some time later to tide up. Perhaps move the items and make a nicer routing of the cables Lol
I have installed a simple computer fan that run on low RPM to ensure a comfortable temperature in the cabinet.
Apart of the Ubiquity items I have a CCTV recorder, Airport backup and the stuff from my internet provider. Even with several users on the same AP and with wireless uplink I have >100/100MB available all over the house.IMG_7096.JPG

ht1w7T%yS1W61Zz2YFkDTg.jpg

pA4lZcugSpu67LlB6uzzUw.jpg

IKEA Rack

by ‎04-14-2018 02:01 AM - edited ‎04-15-2018 08:22 AM

Operating 6XCCTV on 2,4G. I have assigned 2 CCTV to each AP using channel 1,6,11 and adjusted the transmit power to cope with neighboring networks. The bandwith is set to 20. It works very well and I have had no breakdowns at all. I am using 5G with same SSID for all compatible clients in house. The House is 1800sqft. I recently upgraded from a Zyxel router that wasnt able to handle the bandwidth of the  The CCTV’s. They simply dropped OFF Line when The neighbor network started their services.

fullsizeoutput_12d7.jpeg

I will spent some time later to tide up. Perhaps move the items and make a nicer routing of the cables Lol
I have installed a simple computer fan that run on low RPM to ensure a comfortable temperature in the cabinet.
Apart of the Ubiquity items I have a CCTV recorder, Airport backup and the stuff from my internet provider. Even with several users on the same AP and with wireless uplink I have >100/100MB available all over the house.IMG_7096.JPG

ht1w7T%yS1W61Zz2YFkDTg.jpg

pA4lZcugSpu67LlB6uzzUw.jpg

{"location":{"title":"Hornbæk, Danmark","placeId":"ChIJz7wkSxM7UkYR2txzVDvgRto"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-ac-hd","count":3},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-60w-b","count":1},{"id":"unifi-cloud-key","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"Home network 1000/1000 Mb. Wireless uplink.","mainImage":"152342i0E7BCE11A376A104"}

Comments
by
on ‎04-14-2018 02:10 PM

Which cabinet line is that?  Looks like a good solution. 

by
on ‎04-14-2018 11:05 PM

It was from their Kitchen line, dont remember exactly which, Could be Metod. Find a cabinet that suits and adjust it in the dept as they are all pretty deep. 

by
on ‎04-15-2018 04:03 AM

Nice use of the cabinet.  I have found IKEA has some nice furniture  to use for networking. I wrote my own story a month ago with my use of a couple IKEA pieces as a rack. 

How deep is the cabinet. It looks shallow from the outside. It seems you fit a lot more in there than I expected, so it must be deeper than it appears. Also, why temp are you getting in the switch?

Congrats on it. Well done

by
on ‎04-15-2018 04:59 AM

Thank you!

The dimentions is 40x60x13 cm. The dept of the cabinet has to be minimum 13 cm for this design because of the fan and the NVR fitted to the door. I will modify it later and install all items to a piece of plywood instead of the wall. The temperature is around 35 deg.C. on both the USG and the Switch, measured with infraredI can adjust the RMP on the fan and even with 3/4 power. It is silent too.

I guess that you can make a similar rack for less than 100$. You can even choose your own skin.

by
on ‎04-15-2018 10:13 PM

I created my home made rack from IKEA products as well.

Here is my story of you want to check it out

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Stories/My-Home-Network-and-Mini-Rack-Set-up/cnc-p/2318045#M7204

by
on ‎04-17-2018 05:53 PM

That's a lot of good stuff in that little IKEA rack!  I saw a site last week where this setup will be just the ticket!