03/09/2018
KernWi-Fi @ Royal Croquet Club Adelaide - 2018
Reason for Installation
This year KernWi-Fi is supplying its high performance network to the Staff / Artists / Vendors / POS and Guests via the UniFi Suite of products. Full Security options have been deployed along with managed VLANs across multiple ssid’s. More information https://kernwifi.com.au
Used Products
×17
×4
×2
×5
209 War Memorial Dr, North Adelaide SA 5006, Australia
Description

The Adelaide Fringe is the world's second-largest annual arts festival. February 16th to March 18th 2018, and the largest in the Southern Hemisphere, held in the South Australian capital of Adelaide. For 31 days and nights during February and March, it features more than 5,000 artists from around Australia and the world, featuring world premieres, hit shows and new artists. Over 1100 events are staged in pop-up venues in parks, warehouses, laneways and disused buildings as well as established venues such as theatres, hotels, bars, pubs, art galleries and cafes.

2018-03-04 09.33.51.jpgKernWi-Fi is Powering the Royal Croquet Club again this year with our high speed Wi-Fi. The Staff / Artists / Vendors / POS

2018-02-12 12.36.16-1.jpgUniFi Out door Access Point

rcc_2018.jpgKernWi-Fi @ Adelaide Royal Croquet Club 2018

rcc_2018_2.jpgKernWi-Fi Access - Staff / Artists / Vendors / POS throughout the event

rcc_kernwi-fi2.jpgKernWi-Fi @ Adelaide Royal Croquet Club 2018

KernWi-Fi @ Royal Croquet Club Adelaide - 2018

by on ‎03-09-2018 03:04 PM

The Adelaide Fringe is the world's second-largest annual arts festival. February 16th to March 18th 2018, and the largest in the Southern Hemisphere, held in the South Australian capital of Adelaide. For 31 days and nights during February and March, it features more than 5,000 artists from around Australia and the world, featuring world premieres, hit shows and new artists. Over 1100 events are staged in pop-up venues in parks, warehouses, laneways and disused buildings as well as established venues such as theatres, hotels, bars, pubs, art galleries and cafes.

2018-03-04 09.33.51.jpgKernWi-Fi is Powering the Royal Croquet Club again this year with our high speed Wi-Fi. The Staff / Artists / Vendors / POS

2018-02-12 12.36.16-1.jpgUniFi Out door Access Point

rcc_2018.jpgKernWi-Fi @ Adelaide Royal Croquet Club 2018

rcc_2018_2.jpgKernWi-Fi Access - Staff / Artists / Vendors / POS throughout the event

rcc_kernwi-fi2.jpgKernWi-Fi @ Adelaide Royal Croquet Club 2018

{"location":{"title":"209 War Memorial Dr, North Adelaide SA 5006, Australia","placeId":"EjYyMDkgV2FyIE1lbW9yaWFsIERyLCBOb3J0aCBBZGVsYWlkZSBTQSA1MDA2LCBBdXN0cmFsaWE"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-ac-mesh-ap","count":17},{"id":"unifi-ac-lite","count":4},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway","count":2},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-150w","count":5}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"This year KernWi-Fi is supplying its high performance network to the Staff / Artists / Vendors / POS and Guests via the UniFi Suite of products. Full Security options have been deployed along with managed VLANs across multiple ssid’s.\n\nMore information \n\nhttps://kernwifi.com.au","mainImage":"147018iE09A28542910D9B0"}

Comments
by
on ‎03-09-2018 03:30 PM

how many devices on averages?

by
on ‎03-09-2018 03:45 PM

Hi there!

I've got a few questions - what sort of internet backhaul are you using - capacity etc? With the AC Mesh units, are you using them in a wireless mesh, or are they just simply working as wired AP's? How do you find the mesh units go with covering very large events like this?

by
on ‎03-09-2018 03:53 PM

There are 50 Active POS running on this Wi-Fi Network

by
on ‎03-09-2018 04:01 PM

Hi @doc_karl we are running multiple 150/150 Links back to one of our KernWi-Fi Towers. Most of the Outdoor UniFi Accees Points are Hard Wired. Mesh Coverage is great, just need to ensure you have LOS to one Hard Wired UAP's and at least greater then 80% connection between. We have also setup multiple ssid's. POS ssid has the highest bandwidth. Thousands of transactions are being handled hourly.

by
on ‎03-09-2018 04:20 PM

Hi @KernWi-Fi -

Thanks for the info mate. I'm going to try and cover a large bush event and interested to see you guys using the AC-Mesh, as that's what I'm thinking of using too.

Best regards - M

by
on ‎03-09-2018 04:23 PM

Hi @doc_karl, where are you located? whats the event?

by
on ‎03-09-2018 04:42 PM

Looks like a great setup. You're running with a lot of devices, llooks like you're running over a large area? Can you post any coverage maps at all? Very keen to see what sort of geography your whole network is running.

I've used Mesh points both hard wired and in Mesh, from my setups they've worked very well but I've not had more than four in a single setup so you're on a slightly larger scale Man Happy

So you're not using an NBN connection as backhaul then? That's your own WISP or a WISP service for backhaul? 

by
on ‎03-09-2018 04:43 PM

I run a carrier with a focus on really remote areas. The event is about 300kms East of Alice Springs.. all good just gathering thoughts from other people that have used this gear in high densty festival style deployments.

by
on ‎03-09-2018 04:57 PM

Hi @SteveT_Coona see below.

Looks like a great setup. You're running with a lot of devices, llooks like you're running over a large area? Can you post any coverage maps at all? Very keen to see what sort of geography your whole network is running.

>> Due to security nature of the Project I am not able to supply this at the moment. Are you wanting to setup something similar?

I've used Mesh points both hard wired and in Mesh, from my setups they've worked very well but I've not had more than four in a single setup so you're on a slightly larger scale Man Happy

>>The event serves the Staff / Artists / Vendors and POS on a large scale. The POS devices are handling thousands of trasactions per hour.

https://kernwifi.com.au/kernhotspot/

http://www.mintpayments.com/

So you're not using an NBN connection as backhaul then? That's your own WISP or a WISP service for backhaul? 

>>This is running via our own WiSP https://kernwifi.com.au based in Adelaide. Our Towers are fed by multiple Fibre Backhauls.

Man Happy

by
on ‎03-09-2018 05:04 PM

Hi 

USG Gateway