Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

10/12/2017
Mesh network Upgrade
Description

Hello Community,

So I got home from one Unifi Job in Vegas Tuesday night and had to go fix another job.  Awhile back I pushed out a firmware update and it botched 2 of my mesh Units on a wireless uplink.  I think what actuallty happened was I pushed out a firmware update to the remote units, and it either didnt take fully, or wasnt done, and then Updated their Uplink to the main network.  So the result was I had to drive 40 miles north and put them on the wired network so they could be updated with the most recent firmware.  Now, these Mesh radios are acting as a bridge for IP Cameras.  You can see in the photos.  At the same time I was using the Included dongle antennas and signal was decent, but not what the little Mesh radios are capiable of.  So I put the UMA-D Antennas on both remote units.  That is a Mesh Pro that Acts as the Uplink to the network in the main building.That is a Mesh Pro that Acts as the Uplink to the network in the main building.This building is the Central Auxulary building where they park impounded cars.  to the left is the south building, used for the same purposes.This building is the Central Auxulary building where they park impounded cars. to the left is the south building, used for the same purposes.Home Made Manlift.  (Don't Try this at home)Home Made Manlift. (Don't Try this at home)Man Lift on Radio 2 Install.Man Lift on Radio 2 Install.South Building Install from Ground levelSouth Building Install from Ground levelCloseup of South Building InstallCloseup of South Building InstallGround Level view of Central bldg installGround Level view of Central bldg installCloseup of Central Building InstallCloseup of Central Building Install

Signal levels were in the 60% and 30% range respectively beofre the UMA-D installs.  Now they are in the 90s.  Way to Go Ubiquiti!  Making it possible to do what you have always wanted to do with wireless Networking!!!  Ubnt Banana

@UBNT-MikeD

@UBNT-Brandon

@UBNT-JaM

@UBNT-DavidS

@UBNT-MatthewR

@UBNT-Cody

@MAKuser

@TyShawn

@Alan87i

@whowe82