Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

10/06/2016
My UniFi Home Setup!
Description

Hardware: 

> 3x AC Lite 

> 2x Picostaions (Runing UniFi) 

> 1x UAP Pro 

>1x UniFi Security Gateway Pro

>1x Tough Switch

I also have a youtube channel that focuses primarily on Ubiquiti products feel free to check it out Man Happy   

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpXv73chotmAOgiidXJPHow

IMG_6814.JPGIMG_6893.JPGIMG_6894.JPGIMG_8859.JPGIMG_8866.JPGIMG_8876.JPGIMG_8880.JPGIMG_6886.jpgIMG_8870.JPG 

Comments
by
on ‎10-07-2016 08:27 AM

Looks good - do you have the picostations flashed with the firmware that makes them compatible with Unifi controller? I am working on a home project at the moment where I need a couple of outdoor AP's, and am torn between the UAP Outdoor+ and the new UAP-AC-PRO which is outdoor graded (under the eaves of a building). However, a couple of Pico's might do the job for outdoor areas with low usage. What do you think?

by
on ‎10-07-2016 08:32 AM

I just checked your YouTube channel and see you have a video on this - great! Subtitles would be a good edition, so I can mute the music though Icon Razz

by
on ‎10-07-2016 01:46 PM

@alex_cambui Just a heads up there is suppossed to be a Gen2 Outdoor AC come out sometime before the end of the year. You might consider that. Man Wink I know I personally can't wait to replace my Outdoor+. Don't get me wrong its a great router just want to have 5Ghz outside as well.

by
‎10-07-2016 04:09 PM - edited ‎10-07-2016 04:10 PM

@alex_cambui Yes sorry about the music I have had quite a few people complain about this. I will work on a fix for my upcoming videos Man Happy

The Picostaions are flashed with the UniFi firmware and working great! 

- Tom 

by
‎10-08-2016 12:27 PM - edited ‎10-08-2016 12:28 PM

@alex_cambui, since you have that eve to hang the access point under, why not use the UAP-AC-Pro? It has the best internal antennas with 3x3 mimo.

by
on ‎10-08-2016 01:00 PM
@DrKrunk - that is the main plan, but getting hold of them in Brazil is like getting hold of a blue unicorn. Those that do have them sell them for silly money, and the Distributors sell out fast. I can get second hand Picostations easily enough though, although did see someone selling one for US$265 this week...I am giving up on ever gutting Unifi running on the Nanoloco M2, so will sell them and see if I can get enough for some UAP-AC-PRO´s.
by
on ‎10-08-2016 01:55 PM

@alex_cambui What if you were to buy your access points from the USA E-Bay page? Some of the sellers will ship worldwide because EBay has a shipping center here in the USA. As a seller, all you do is ship your product to the EBay worldwide shipping center, and they will then ship it to you in Brazil.

For example, this Ebay listing here

by
on ‎10-08-2016 02:04 PM
@DrKrunk - I wish I could do that! There is a US$50 limit on value for anything you can receive tax free on Brasil, and the US$50 includes the cost of the freight. Beyond that, tax is high. A well known online retailer from the East has already blown any postal routes by routinely printing invoices for US$49,99 including freight on just about everything they send, regardless of the value! Going to Paraguay as a land route allows me to go to Flytec there and bring back US$350 tax free for personal use. Or you can fly it in yourself and bring up to US$500 for personal use. It´s actually a pretty good system if you go over - you can complete an online form with what you have, and the value, and it calculates your taxes and gives you a payment form so you can pay online before you arrive back in Brazil. You then fly past the Nothing to Declare line and go straight to Goods to Declare, hand over the printout and the proof of payment, show the goods, and off you go. This is far cheaper than buying in Brazil still.