Used Products
×2
×1
×1
×1
×1
Description

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7ba.jpg

Been working on this for a while now and finally done. We have family living in sevaral apartments in our building and getting connectivity for everyone has always been a challenge. We hated the spotty connectivity we got from the other consumer routers. We finally got wired up with FIOS Gigabit speeds and I decided to pull the trigger on my dream Ubiquiti setup. Got a couple of AC HD Access points, 3 PoE switches and an awsome EdgeRouter 6p (hence, the "mixed" rack)...Got everyting connected via Cat 6 and Fiber I ran across to the other apartments and fired this baby up. I recently added the Cloud Key Gen 2 and Cloud key rack for that polished look. I went with the ER 6p over the Unifi USG Pro 4 due to the updated hardware and rock-solid connectivity. Router was set up with LAN on the SFP port as I plan to use the other ethernet ports for some expansion I'm planning on. I use the CK controller to manage the UniFi stuff and just log into the router when I need to make a change, or monitor traffic. Ubiquiti equipment is just fantastic. I can't say enough good things about the quality, value for the dollar and the awesome community where I've gotten so much help from. Thanks, Ubiquiti!!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7c0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7c1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7bf.jpg

My mixed Edgerouter/UniFi Home Network Rack

by 2 weeks ago

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7ba.jpg

Been working on this for a while now and finally done. We have family living in sevaral apartments in our building and getting connectivity for everyone has always been a challenge. We hated the spotty connectivity we got from the other consumer routers. We finally got wired up with FIOS Gigabit speeds and I decided to pull the trigger on my dream Ubiquiti setup. Got a couple of AC HD Access points, 3 PoE switches and an awsome EdgeRouter 6p (hence, the "mixed" rack)...Got everyting connected via Cat 6 and Fiber I ran across to the other apartments and fired this baby up. I recently added the Cloud Key Gen 2 and Cloud key rack for that polished look. I went with the ER 6p over the Unifi USG Pro 4 due to the updated hardware and rock-solid connectivity. Router was set up with LAN on the SFP port as I plan to use the other ethernet ports for some expansion I'm planning on. I use the CK controller to manage the UniFi stuff and just log into the router when I need to make a change, or monitor traffic. Ubiquiti equipment is just fantastic. I can't say enough good things about the quality, value for the dollar and the awesome community where I've gotten so much help from. Thanks, Ubiquiti!!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7c0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7c1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_7bf.jpg

{"location":{"title":"Brooklyn, NY, USA","placeId":"ChIJCSF8lBZEwokRhngABHRcdoI"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-ac-hd","count":2},{"id":"unifi-switch-16-150w","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-150w","count":1},{"id":"unifi-cloud-key-gen2","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-60w-b","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"183730i13F033F0EFB54F75"}

Comments
by
2 weeks ago

Looks fantastic! Great job!

by
2 weeks ago

Many thanks, I can't thank the Ubiquiti community enough for all the help they've given me. 

by
a week ago

Where did you get the cloud key gen 2 rack mount accessory? I have looked everywhere for one. 

by
a week ago

@Bren1089- You need to be signed up for EARLY access. Go to this link to read directions on how to do that. Then go into the UBNT online store and you should see another tab.

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/204908664-How-To-Sign-Up-for-Early-Access

by
a week ago

What server cabinet did you go with?  Looks like it has just the right amount of space for what I'm trying to do. Nice setup!

by
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@zoliff - Thanks,....The server cabinet I went with is the Navepoint 9U consumer series. Going for about 75 bucks now on ebay and on the Navepoint site. I agree, 9u was the right size for me to fit everything. 

by
a week ago

@Bren1089 - The Gen2 rack is sold out in the early access store right now but I'm pretty sure it'll be available in a few days. Keep checking up on the site and I'm sure you'll snag one.