09/12/2017
New Ubiquiti Instant 802.3AF POE to USB Converter
Description

Hey all,

some of you might recnogize me as the guy who Did the ubiquiti License plate a few weeks ago.  Well here is another Ubiquiti Story.  Awhile back I was looking in the beta store and saw this 802.3AF POE to usb converter.  I didnt think much of it at first.  Then I thought for 20 bucks It couldnt hurt to try one out.   So I went to buy 1 or 2 and they were gone.  Recently, I looked again and they were in stock.  See the attached photos:2017-09-12.jpg2017-09-12 (1).jpg

I just realized now I have a device that can turn my simple iPhone Charging cable into a 100 Foot charging cable.  As long as I have POE closeby.  Which is almost always.  The charging speed is very fast.  not even plugged in for 45 minutes and its jumped over 50% in battery life.  Quite frequently I dont bring a wall adapter for my chargers, but I always have a patch cord in ALL my bags, along with charging cables.  Quite frequently I find myself in a comm closet and low on power on my phone mid day.  Again, Another great product by UBNT!  Way to go guys on getting creative and building something is super useful!!!

@UBNT-MikeD

@UBNT-DavidS

@UBNT-JaM

@UBNT-Brandon

New Ubiquiti Instant 802.3AF POE to USB Converter

by on ‎09-12-2017 04:59 PM

Hey all,

some of you might recnogize me as the guy who Did the ubiquiti License plate a few weeks ago.  Well here is another Ubiquiti Story.  Awhile back I was looking in the beta store and saw this 802.3AF POE to usb converter.  I didnt think much of it at first.  Then I thought for 20 bucks It couldnt hurt to try one out.   So I went to buy 1 or 2 and they were gone.  Recently, I looked again and they were in stock.  See the attached photos:2017-09-12.jpg2017-09-12 (1).jpg

I just realized now I have a device that can turn my simple iPhone Charging cable into a 100 Foot charging cable.  As long as I have POE closeby.  Which is almost always.  The charging speed is very fast.  not even plugged in for 45 minutes and its jumped over 50% in battery life.  Quite frequently I dont bring a wall adapter for my chargers, but I always have a patch cord in ALL my bags, along with charging cables.  Quite frequently I find myself in a comm closet and low on power on my phone mid day.  Again, Another great product by UBNT!  Way to go guys on getting creative and building something is super useful!!!

@UBNT-MikeD

@UBNT-DavidS

@UBNT-JaM

@UBNT-Brandon

I can not teach you anything. I can only make you think. Please don't forget to mark posts as solutions, and to give kudos when something solves your issue.
Comments
by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎09-15-2017 04:33 PM

Hi Guys - 

Yes, these are just starting to ship to distributors now (they have placed orders).  Should start showing up in next few weeks.

Thanks,

Ben

by
on ‎09-16-2017 03:02 AM

@UBNT-Ben @UBNT-Brandon Thanks guys... will poke the distributor in a couple of weeks if they still don't have them. 

Mainly want this as mobile charger, but the RPi usecase is pretty cool as well.

by
on ‎09-23-2017 01:11 PM

@UBNT-Ben So one of out distributors has these listed now, with estimated availability Jan 12, 2018...

IncazzatoAck2

by
on ‎09-23-2017 04:40 PM

@doktornotor Just buy them from the ubnt store.  

by
on ‎02-21-2018 05:58 PM

I'd kill for one of these that had data pass though. I'd love to be able to plug a dock in and have it provide power and ethernet. Need to do a restore or a backup no trouble enjoy the speeds that only ethernet can provide.