11/07/2018
New house finishing up
Used Products
×5
×1
×2
Description

When we decided to build a new house, the first thing I discussed with my wife was the electronics - she was not interested and just told me to do 'whatever', so a year later - here we are about a week from moving in.  I find that most builders have no idea about smart systems and are still living in the dark ages about wiring and smart home configurations.  I hired a local company to run the wiring through the walls (I used to do it for a living and I'm too old to be crawling on rafters now) but everything in the picture (rack and other parts) are all done by me.

This house was built to facilitate a shop on the side so I wanted great coverage throughout.  We have (5) Unifi AC's as well as tons of CAT6 in each room for future add-ons.  These (2) 24 port switches also support (6) G3 cameras throughout the external part of the house (both garages internal) and just finished it off with a CloudKey Gen 2 Plus.

Cables are color coded:

Orange - interconnect (switches/gateway)

Yellow - G3 Cameras

Green - Unifi Access Points

Red - Cable Modem (not yet there)

Grey - NAS (not yet there)

Purple - CloudKey

Black - Upstairs

Blue - Downstairs

Some hardware parts list:

Wall-Mount Rack

2U Finger ducts for wiring

Vented Shelves

All patch cables from wall to rack were from FireFold and ship quick.

CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD (Floor)

Some other features of the home include a Homeseer Server (going in the rack as well) and Homeseer Smart switches throughout the house.

network.jpg

floorplan-low-voltage - 5.17.2018_Page_1.jpg

floorplan-low-voltage - 5.17.2018_Page_2.jpg

floorplan-low-voltage - 5.17.2018_Page_3.jpg

closet.jpg

New house finishing up

by ‎11-07-2018 05:44 AM - edited ‎11-07-2018 05:47 AM

When we decided to build a new house, the first thing I discussed with my wife was the electronics - she was not interested and just told me to do 'whatever', so a year later - here we are about a week from moving in.  I find that most builders have no idea about smart systems and are still living in the dark ages about wiring and smart home configurations.  I hired a local company to run the wiring through the walls (I used to do it for a living and I'm too old to be crawling on rafters now) but everything in the picture (rack and other parts) are all done by me.

This house was built to facilitate a shop on the side so I wanted great coverage throughout.  We have (5) Unifi AC's as well as tons of CAT6 in each room for future add-ons.  These (2) 24 port switches also support (6) G3 cameras throughout the external part of the house (both garages internal) and just finished it off with a CloudKey Gen 2 Plus.

Cables are color coded:

Orange - interconnect (switches/gateway)

Yellow - G3 Cameras

Green - Unifi Access Points

Red - Cable Modem (not yet there)

Grey - NAS (not yet there)

Purple - CloudKey

Black - Upstairs

Blue - Downstairs

Some hardware parts list:

Wall-Mount Rack

2U Finger ducts for wiring

Vented Shelves

All patch cables from wall to rack were from FireFold and ship quick.

CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD (Floor)

Some other features of the home include a Homeseer Server (going in the rack as well) and Homeseer Smart switches throughout the house.

network.jpg

floorplan-low-voltage - 5.17.2018_Page_1.jpg

floorplan-low-voltage - 5.17.2018_Page_2.jpg

floorplan-low-voltage - 5.17.2018_Page_3.jpg

closet.jpg

{"location":{"title":"Davidson, NC, USA","placeId":"ChIJMXEO8dv-U4gR4ATJ70hKQ54"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-ac-hd","count":5},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifiswitch-24-250w","count":2}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"181655iD4481DB77D813EED"}

Comments
by
a week ago

For anybody interested.

AirGuard 5" Round - 116-800-050.

That is for in wall penetration of the data cables. I found it by accident and its great!