a week ago
New network build for a Co-working space
Used Products
×1
×1
×1
×1
Description

I was asked to build out a new Co-working space in Highland Park IL. The requirements were to have a robust, high availability redundant network for a low cost. Other competitors quoted prices in 20-30k space. I was well below that due to using Ubiquiti equipment. I implemented two ISP's for redundancy, several VLAN's for users who have permanent offices in the space as well. I was also asked to start deploying Ubiquii Cameras which I have started and will do a staggered rollout for those over the next month. 
I started with a 22U Navepoint cabinet.  As you can see in the pictures, the build came out organized. All cables have been labeled and bundled now. Currently there are 3 WAPs in the space covering 2 seperate VLAN's and 2 different WLANs. There are also additional VLAN's for wired clients who have their own routers in their offices. I punched down both sides of the cables, with CAT6 keystones and Patch Panels. I used a battery backup for surge protection and a power switch module to label power (No pic for the completed labeling unfortunately) 

There are now two ISP's connected to the Security Gateway. 
 IMG_2709.JPG

IMG_2754.JPG

IMG_2756.JPG

IMG_2757.JPGOne of the three AP's

IMG_2758.JPG

IMG_2759.JPG

IMG_2760.JPG

IMG_2814.JPGCabinet with Enclosures added

IMG_2815.JPGDoor latch module to the right was completed

New network build for a Co-working space

by a week ago

I was asked to build out a new Co-working space in Highland Park IL. The requirements were to have a robust, high availability redundant network for a low cost. Other competitors quoted prices in 20-30k space. I was well below that due to using Ubiquiti equipment. I implemented two ISP's for redundancy, several VLAN's for users who have permanent offices in the space as well. I was also asked to start deploying Ubiquii Cameras which I have started and will do a staggered rollout for those over the next month. 
I started with a 22U Navepoint cabinet.  As you can see in the pictures, the build came out organized. All cables have been labeled and bundled now. Currently there are 3 WAPs in the space covering 2 seperate VLAN's and 2 different WLANs. There are also additional VLAN's for wired clients who have their own routers in their offices. I punched down both sides of the cables, with CAT6 keystones and Patch Panels. I used a battery backup for surge protection and a power switch module to label power (No pic for the completed labeling unfortunately) 

There are now two ISP's connected to the Security Gateway. 
 IMG_2709.JPG

IMG_2754.JPG

IMG_2756.JPG

IMG_2757.JPGOne of the three AP's

IMG_2758.JPG

IMG_2759.JPG

IMG_2760.JPG

IMG_2814.JPGCabinet with Enclosures added

IMG_2815.JPGDoor latch module to the right was completed

{"location":{"title":"Highland Park, IL, USA","placeId":"ChIJn_Ntc4PBD4gRAeQkrZgk1Ko"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-ac-pro-5-pack","count":1},{"id":"unifiswitch-48-500w","count":1},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifi-cloud-key-gen2-plus","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"198471iB0BACD453209C860"}

Comments
by
a week ago

My OCD would get the better of me with the glass door installed upside down. Why did you mount the UAP's vertically? 

by
a week ago

@rjblake I completely understand. The landlord did not want me drilling into the wood ceiling. Their reception is great in the space and it's working great. As for the glass door. That, was fixed after I took the photo. But yeah, OCD is good when it comes to IT. Smiley Happy

by
Wednesday

If it aint broke don't fix it, but you could pick up a couple new work round eletrical boxes or even fan boxes to span the studs to mount them horizontally if it starts bugging you.  it'll keep the holes out of the floor and keep them in the joists Man Happy

by
19 hours ago

look like awesome!