3 weeks ago
New wall mounted cabinet
Used Products
×2
3135 Grapevine Road, Madisonville, KY, USA
Description

My IT department was told that twelve cubicles were going to be added to the 2nd floor office space.  Our existing network cabinet was too shallow to hold PoE switches.  Plus, I was wanting to redo the network infrastructure with Cat6a cable.

We started by mounting this 12U StarTech wall-mounted network cabinet.  This one is great! It swings in the back with side access panels.  It has two large cable openings at the stationary base; much need when installing 56+ Cat6a cables.IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

We decided to give Ubiquiti Unifi a try, due to the much lower cost for a PoE switch.  These replaced an HP 2920 and Cisco 2960 switches.  Very impressed with the autoconfigure of the Voice VLAN.  Finally no more manually configuring ports or telling users to plug their phones into a particular port on the wall.IMG_0878.png

We use Monoprice's SlimRun Cat6a cables to patch from panels to switches.  These really make it easy to see the swtich port LEDs.  The Unifi switches are connected using a 10Gb direct attached cable and the top switch is connected to the downstairs network cabinet using a 10Gb OM4 duplex patch cable.  I know the cabling is still a little messy, we are still in the process of adding cables.IMG_0931.JPG

Of course the IT department had to build the cubicles.

New wall mounted cabinet

by 3 weeks ago

My IT department was told that twelve cubicles were going to be added to the 2nd floor office space.  Our existing network cabinet was too shallow to hold PoE switches.  Plus, I was wanting to redo the network infrastructure with Cat6a cable.

We started by mounting this 12U StarTech wall-mounted network cabinet.  This one is great! It swings in the back with side access panels.  It has two large cable openings at the stationary base; much need when installing 56+ Cat6a cables.IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

We decided to give Ubiquiti Unifi a try, due to the much lower cost for a PoE switch.  These replaced an HP 2920 and Cisco 2960 switches.  Very impressed with the autoconfigure of the Voice VLAN.  Finally no more manually configuring ports or telling users to plug their phones into a particular port on the wall.IMG_0878.png

We use Monoprice's SlimRun Cat6a cables to patch from panels to switches.  These really make it easy to see the swtich port LEDs.  The Unifi switches are connected using a 10Gb direct attached cable and the top switch is connected to the downstairs network cabinet using a 10Gb OM4 duplex patch cable.  I know the cabling is still a little messy, we are still in the process of adding cables.IMG_0931.JPG

Of course the IT department had to build the cubicles.

{"location":{"title":"3135 Grapevine Road, Madisonville, KY, USA","placeId":"ChIJI2cBzDb_b4gRg4YqF-DTT_U"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifiswitch-48-500w","count":2}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"187691i434124DB967A36EB"}