Used Products
×1
×1
×1
×1
×1
×1
Description

Hi guys, this is my UniFi setup in my home!

I have a year and a half with this stuff, but I decided share with you since Ubiquiti is in all parts of the word LOL

My infrastructure consists in two parts:

Room number 1

ISP GPON Huawei in bridge mode and my Fortinet has the public Ip and them my UniFi USG and UniFi switch 8 60w, where I have connected:

IsmartAlarm cube

PTZ Foscam (FI9928P)

UniFi AC Pro (Patio)

UniFi Nano HD(living room)

Lorex poe NVR 1080P

Room number 2

This is my room, so I have UniFi switch 8. Where I have connected

Synology NAS (218+)

Vizio smart tv 4k

bloomsky weather station

Cloud key gen 2

I live in a country where electric power is very unstable, so I decided to use APC pro and APC external battery backup pack and from the APC I put a power line to room number 1 and my foscam ptz and nest hello door bell.

As I have many LOT devices, I decided to do vlans and groups:

-Groups

Cameras (foscam, nest hello, zmodo) vlan 50

Cellphone (cellphones? LOL) vlan 5

LOT (wemo switch, tplink bulbs,nest protect, bloomsky weather station etc) vlan 10

This year I started as Freelancer to do ubiquiti equipment installations and all clients are satisfied

PD: I already have ubiquiti Gpon NanoG and my ISP is interested in implementing it, but they haven’t yet been able to make it work with Huawei OLT

cheers

Daniel Perez

1.jpegMy core stuff

acpro.jpegAcpro

nanohd.jpegnanohd

room.jpegMy room

Groups.PNG

network.PNG

Unifi.PNG

Nicaragua home network setup

by 3 weeks ago

Hi guys, this is my UniFi setup in my home!

I have a year and a half with this stuff, but I decided share with you since Ubiquiti is in all parts of the word LOL

My infrastructure consists in two parts:

Room number 1

ISP GPON Huawei in bridge mode and my Fortinet has the public Ip and them my UniFi USG and UniFi switch 8 60w, where I have connected:

IsmartAlarm cube

PTZ Foscam (FI9928P)

UniFi AC Pro (Patio)

UniFi Nano HD(living room)

Lorex poe NVR 1080P

Room number 2

This is my room, so I have UniFi switch 8. Where I have connected

Synology NAS (218+)

Vizio smart tv 4k

bloomsky weather station

Cloud key gen 2

I live in a country where electric power is very unstable, so I decided to use APC pro and APC external battery backup pack and from the APC I put a power line to room number 1 and my foscam ptz and nest hello door bell.

As I have many LOT devices, I decided to do vlans and groups:

-Groups

Cameras (foscam, nest hello, zmodo) vlan 50

Cellphone (cellphones? LOL) vlan 5

LOT (wemo switch, tplink bulbs,nest protect, bloomsky weather station etc) vlan 10

This year I started as Freelancer to do ubiquiti equipment installations and all clients are satisfied

PD: I already have ubiquiti Gpon NanoG and my ISP is interested in implementing it, but they haven’t yet been able to make it work with Huawei OLT

cheers

Daniel Perez

1.jpegMy core stuff

acpro.jpegAcpro

nanohd.jpegnanohd

room.jpegMy room

Groups.PNG

network.PNG

Unifi.PNG

{"location":{"title":"19 Av Suroeste, Managua, Nicaragua","placeId":"ChIJ1QDTGXtWcY8RfnmkG4ij4mI"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-ac-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway","count":1},{"id":"unifi-cloud-key-gen2","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-beta","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-60w-b","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ac-hd","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"184233i5FE80E66BA5BF9BD"}

Comments
by
2 weeks ago

UNIFI APS are not waterproof if you install them outside be sure they don't get wet

by
2 weeks ago

@amilian Is correct you need to have a cover over the AP to protect from the rain and or snow as they aren’t designed for outdoor installs (especially the domes) so be careful

by
2 weeks ago

This acpro has more than a year in that place and works great,but thanks for the advice guys 😁😁

by
2 weeks ago

The specs do say Indoor/Outdoor for both the Pro and HD.  Glad someone to see it was tested.  Thanks

by
2 weeks ago

@rickdwilson  I used Ubiquiti ac mesh in the same place and work good, I did the change to ac pro on year ago and for the moment work awesome Man Happy

by
2 weeks ago

@rickdwilsonyes however "under cover" not in the open as per the User Guide

IMPORTANT:
The UAP-AC-PRO may be installed
outdoors under an eave or other protected location. Do
not install the UniFi AP in an open environment.

In saying that I would be very careful with warranty because if they find water damage etc they will likely not cover the warranty.