Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

One site down, more to come...

by 2 weeks ago

Just finished wrapping up a Unifi install at a small office site. My requirements for install were a small, clean footprint. 2 weeks in, all users are happy. 

Equipment used:

• USG-PRO-4
  • US-24-250W
  • UAP-AC-PRO
  • Tripplite 1200V, 700W UPS
  • Monoprice 7U Rack. (Rack has a shallow depth. Had to get a left angle, 90 degree power cable for the switch. Currently sourcing new options for future locations.)
  • CableMatters 24 Port Cat6 Patch Panel 
  • 2U's for ISP equipment (rack shelf and blank panel to conceal)
  • Custom made patch cables to round out the look. Worth the just over an hour to keep it clean.

More of our locations to come. I will update as additional sites come online. Next site is approximately a month out.

Rack with equipment installed.Rack with equipment installed.

Comments
by
2 weeks ago

Nice and clean!  Which Monoprice rack did you use and which one are you switching to?

by Ubiquiti Employee
2 weeks ago

Hi @l8kebum

Awesome setup.

Thanks for sharing you're setup here with the community. 

Thanks,

David

by
2 weeks ago

@luisevaz this is the rack used: Link

I am using this one on my next site. This rack is going to allow me to include a 48 port patch panel, network gear, UPS, PBX, and IPS equipment.  Between Phone (Analog PBX System), Network and Security, I have north of 50 drops to begin installing later this week or early next.

by
2 weeks ago

Great looking install, after my own heart when it comes to wire management:

large.jpg

A couple of thoughts as you move on to other sites...

If you have a 48-port (or more) switch install, see my pic above for how I kept it "clean" - you can save yourselve some time (and tedious cable making) with these - http://amzn.to/2xrYjon.  You could also use a 48-port patch panel on your 24-port switch installs.  This will allow you to use only the right side patch panel ports and use the above pre-made cables and then alos give you extra patch locations for fugure use.  Again, just a thought to avoid making your own cables - it's worth the few extra bucks to me as I really hate it (and my arthritis does too).

by
2 weeks ago

@pmg_admin good call on the 48 port panel, I hadn't thought of this. I will highly entertain that for my next smaller site. I do already have 6" patch cables for the upcoming project. I will make only a handful of customs to patch between equipment and ISP.

by
2 weeks ago

Why the analog PBX?  Seems odd for a new install.

by
2 weeks ago

@Aaarrrgggh Unfortunately, I have to go this route, for now, because I cannot get the provider to release the phone numbers. They have the area where this office is located on lockdown for phone and Internet services. We do not want to lose the numbers as they have been in use for numerous years. Hopefully I can get the release resolved in the very near future and get this site moved over to VoIP.

by
2 weeks ago

I might suggest one of these too:

http://www.leviton.com/en/products/pj8-t

by
2 weeks ago

Thanks for the info @l8kebum

by
2 weeks ago

@l8kebum

Sounds a lot like you are dealing with Centurylink on the dial tone....