×1
×1
×1
×1
×2
×1
×1
Description

Getting in touch with Ubiquiti and upgrading the complete Installation from Mikrotik to Ubiquiti.

Let the pictures talk you through

Old: Rack in the House

IMG_0268.jpg

Old: Rack in the Garage

IMG_0275.jpg

To Messy in the cabinet.

IMG_0273.jpg

Lets start Changing to Ubiquiti

Step 1: Installing the unifi controller

IMG_0274.jpg

Step 2: Setting up the USG and 1st Switch

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

Step 3: Getting the UAP-AC Pro Running

IMG_0282.jpg

Lets get in to the Garage:

Step 1: Starting with the UniFi AC Mesh Pro AP for the garden, and since we want to beam the Internet to the Grand-Parents. We also put on the NanoBeam 5AC Gen2

IMG_0280.jpg

Step 2: Getting the 2nd Switch in Place and attaching it to the UPS.

IMG_0320.jpg

and cleaning the cabinet

IMG_0321.jpg

Step 3: Getting the UniFi AC Mesh AP on the wall

IMG_0322.jpg

Putting up the 2 Nanobeam on grand parents house, and installing a UniFi Switch 8 (150W) combined with the UniFi AC LR over there, covers a big area with WiFi.

Here some more Pictures from the controller

Devices.JPG

topologie.JPG

Just ordered more parts for setting up the next zone.

Rebuilding Home Network and changing to Ubiquiti

by a week ago - last edited a week ago

Getting in touch with Ubiquiti and upgrading the complete Installation from Mikrotik to Ubiquiti.

Let the pictures talk you through

Old: Rack in the House

IMG_0268.jpg

Old: Rack in the Garage

IMG_0275.jpg

To Messy in the cabinet.

IMG_0273.jpg

Lets start Changing to Ubiquiti

Step 1: Installing the unifi controller

IMG_0274.jpg

Step 2: Setting up the USG and 1st Switch

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

Step 3: Getting the UAP-AC Pro Running

IMG_0282.jpg

Lets get in to the Garage:

Step 1: Starting with the UniFi AC Mesh Pro AP for the garden, and since we want to beam the Internet to the Grand-Parents. We also put on the NanoBeam 5AC Gen2

IMG_0280.jpg

Step 2: Getting the 2nd Switch in Place and attaching it to the UPS.

IMG_0320.jpg

and cleaning the cabinet

IMG_0321.jpg

Step 3: Getting the UniFi AC Mesh AP on the wall

IMG_0322.jpg

Putting up the 2 Nanobeam on grand parents house, and installing a UniFi Switch 8 (150W) combined with the UniFi AC LR over there, covers a big area with WiFi.

Here some more Pictures from the controller

Devices.JPG

topologie.JPG

Just ordered more parts for setting up the next zone.

{"location":{"title":"Fehrbellin, Deutschland","placeId":"ChIJddT8N0gfqUcR0HRjW0YgIQQ"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-ac-lr","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ap-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ac-mesh-pro-ap-beta","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ac-mesh-ap","count":1},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifiswitch-24-500w","count":2},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-150w","count":1},{"id":"unifi-voip-phone-executive","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"Rebuilding Homenetwork and Installing Ubiquiti Unifi instead of Mikrotik","mainImage":"152197iEF3FFBD11F5892A0"}

Comments
by
a week ago

Hey there! This is a great setup! Nice easy way of explaining it with pictures. I was wondering about that blue "Unifi.controller" hardware you installed. Is that a Ubiquiti product? If so, I haven't seen it around unless its a product they have with just a blue front on it. 

by
a week ago

@verisarioc - I wondered the same thing myself.  It seems to be a product by Varia.  Wonder if they take some hardware and throw the cloud controller on it.  Here's the link to the product http://www.varia.org/en/portfolio-view/ubiquiti-unifi-network-management-controller/  

And if you're really wanting to buy it...  https://en.varia-store.com/produkt/1358-varia-controller-unit-for-ubiquiti-unifi-19-green-it-rack-so...

Though the price is almost $400...  While the server rack aspect would be nice, I'll stick with my UCK...  Icon Wink  

by
a week ago

Yes it's the Varia product. I used it, because I'm running the UCRM and VOIP Controller on it too. As is, also got this. IMG_0285.jpg

by
a week ago

Nice setup

But,   Whu the unifi.controller  it has only 16GB of ssd on it.

Are you planning to run over a time the unifi NVR with camera?? then you need to think about something that is bigger

by
a week ago

@PsychoticNL

I already updated it with a 250GB SSD, running unifi NVR will happen on a seperate server. Still thinking about one of my Poweredge Servers for the NVR, as the Powervault got 30TB on Storage ( 18 TB on Raid )

by
a week ago

@flosen

Nice good to hear!!

I am still wondering why companies make stuff with so small amount of storage

But you have 30 TB and i want that also in my home but i dont have the money for that Man Sad

I am planning to order ASAP a intel NUC for my unify stuff but then point 2  running it under linux or windows and ofc a gateway  ( Yes story is comming when i am full unified )