Replaced prior LAN/WLAN hardware at a school with Unifi
Used Products
×1
×1
×1
×1
78 Greenwood Rd #600, Fishers Island, NY 06390, USA
Description

Ripped out the prior aging HP ProCurve switches and Alcatel Lucent/Aruba wireless system, replaced with 3x Unifi 48 500 switches, 10 gig DAC uplinks, a dozen nanoHD APs and a few IW-Pro APs.   Cloud Key Gen2 running the show.

Top of the rack has a NexGen appliance running Untangle.  Dual WAN, the 150 meg airFiber 5U link to mainland as primary, and island provided DSL as failover.  4x internal networks...production, VoIP, wifi Guest, and my management.

WattBox installed to control power, bounce devices, etc.

5-6gradeAP.jpg

AdminHallAP.jpg

AP-IW.jpg

BottomOfRack.jpg

CabinetClosed.jpg

CabinetDark.jpg

Frontal.jpg

HomeEcAP.jpg

LibraryAP.jpg

ScienceAP.jpg

Shelf2.jpg

SpanishBackEntranceAP.jpg

TopOfRackLeft.jpg

Replaced prior LAN/WLAN hardware at a school with Unifi

by ‎11-12-2018 05:18 AM - edited ‎11-12-2018 05:20 AM

Ripped out the prior aging HP ProCurve switches and Alcatel Lucent/Aruba wireless system, replaced with 3x Unifi 48 500 switches, 10 gig DAC uplinks, a dozen nanoHD APs and a few IW-Pro APs.   Cloud Key Gen2 running the show.

Top of the rack has a NexGen appliance running Untangle.  Dual WAN, the 150 meg airFiber 5U link to mainland as primary, and island provided DSL as failover.  4x internal networks...production, VoIP, wifi Guest, and my management.

WattBox installed to control power, bounce devices, etc.

5-6gradeAP.jpg

AdminHallAP.jpg

AP-IW.jpg

BottomOfRack.jpg

CabinetClosed.jpg

CabinetDark.jpg

Frontal.jpg

HomeEcAP.jpg

LibraryAP.jpg

ScienceAP.jpg

Shelf2.jpg

SpanishBackEntranceAP.jpg

TopOfRackLeft.jpg

{"location":{"title":"78 Greenwood Rd #600, Fishers Island, NY 06390, USA","placeId":"ChIJJwK3A28G5okRIwwP8PiWFWA"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-ac-in-wall-pro-wi-fi-access-point","count":1},{"id":"unifiswitch-48-500w","count":1},{"id":"unifi-cloud-key-gen2","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ac-hd","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"182239i1EC282449BCAE6A5"}

Comments
by
on ‎11-12-2018 11:28 AM

@YeOldeStonecat hey I'm over in Fairfield County, CT I noticed the location mark was close (relatively speaking). Fisher's Island is in NY but the nearest mainland is actually CT so I was curious what mainland your AirFiber link actually goes to?

by
on ‎11-12-2018 12:12 PM

@bcsanford  mainland is Connecticut...same tower that provides the entire island with internet via their telco.