×3
×1
×3
×8
×4
×1
×3
Description

I had a blast building this a few years ago in this fully automated home. 

I just completed a refresh and added the Switch 16X.

No switch is above 50% so I can suffer a failure and move ports quickly with remote hands assistance.

Crap happens so I try to keep down time under an hour in the event of a hardware failure. I have on-site spare USG and XG16 as they are single point of failure devices. 

I have a set of ISO stations on this site bridging over a lake to extend the network to additional property. 

Systems supported by this core. 

Control4

Trane

Rainbird

Honeywell

Lutron

Milestone

Axis 

Fire and Burg panels

Device Wifi hidden SSID

End User Wifi 

hayward IT Rack.jpg

hayward WAP.JPG

Hayward network.JPG

hayward dash.JPG

The Core

by ‎10-02-2018 10:44 AM - edited ‎10-02-2018 10:49 AM

I had a blast building this a few years ago in this fully automated home. 

I just completed a refresh and added the Switch 16X.

No switch is above 50% so I can suffer a failure and move ports quickly with remote hands assistance.

Crap happens so I try to keep down time under an hour in the event of a hardware failure. I have on-site spare USG and XG16 as they are single point of failure devices. 

I have a set of ISO stations on this site bridging over a lake to extend the network to additional property. 

Systems supported by this core. 

Control4

Trane

Rainbird

Honeywell

Lutron

Milestone

Axis 

Fire and Burg panels

Device Wifi hidden SSID

End User Wifi 

hayward IT Rack.jpg

hayward WAP.JPG

Hayward network.JPG

hayward dash.JPG

{"location":{"title":"Wisconsin, USA","placeId":"ChIJr-OEkw_0qFIR1kmG-LjV1fI"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-switch-8-60w-b","count":4},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ap-outdoor-5g","count":3},{"id":"unifi-switch-16-xg-beta","count":1},{"id":"unifiswitch-48-500w","count":3},{"id":"unifi-ap-1","count":8},{"id":"unifi-ap-outdoor","count":4},{"id":"unifi-cloud-key","count":1},{"id":"copy-of-unifi-direct-attach-copper-cable-10-gbps-2-meters","count":3}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"177256i53418C694425EC88"}

Comments
by
on ‎10-13-2018 10:56 AM

Nice setup.  That is quite the list of automation procducts running on the network.

by
on ‎10-23-2018 06:23 PM

Nice setup.. My house is has been converted to be a smart home and have a full data center \lab . I don't have Ubiuity switchs but have all there other gear. considering replacing my USG Pro with a new unit as I'm being slowed by the inability of my USG to route at the speeds of my Gig home internet service. I'm torn as I love the Ubiiuty central managemnt but want to have some more horsepower. My kids are killing me with the streaming of these 4K netflix and the 4K UHD movies via the apps with my TV's. It's nice my 6 UAP‑HD access points are able to provide wifi services to the units and not need to run cabling. Running cabling through a couple of them would be a issue as its brick and has no basement under that and on portion. The rest og my network is hard wired with switches connected via 10G SFP+ DAC's. My Mac pro is connected via 10G wired and provides me acces to my NAS in the manner of SAN SMB connection allowing video edditing at insane speeds. 

Did you put in the upgraded fans on your USG pro? It's a night and day difference. so much quieter.  I just did my in-laws house and it looks similar to your setup minus the XG and with a USG 3P as that fits them fine. I set up a Air Fiber allowing remote networking and wifi ability for there out barn thats about 1/8 mile away from the main house. running cabling there would have been a major pain with all the tree roots.