UniFi Large Camping site
Reason for Installation
25 mesh's 1x unifi switch 8 1x unifi security gateway
Used Products
×25
10-68 Chemin Poulin, Kiamika, QC J0W 1G0, Canada
Description

Screenshot from 2018-05-31 00-13-18.png

Every year i seem to get lucky and get a camping site to install.. getting better at it but its still a tricky process... mesh's latest firmware lets me see mesh's hopping everywhere but rather stable in the process, many must unconnect from the wifi until they get to their camping site, since they seem to stay connected to the mesh they initially connected too very far away rendering tx mostly impossible. More tweaking is necessary in my education of UniFi mesh, note that im running the gateway in non adopted mode since as soon as it adopts it goes disconnected but appears solid blue and being directly connected to the switch itself i find my self like kicked out of the system without internet.. quite weird.. using it without the gateway it connects but makes the modem of the sattelite connection (because there is nothing else) disconnect and reboot !!!.. but once connected to the gateway.. all goes fine.. client is happy.. over 70 clients connected for vouchers in 2 weekends.. raking in the cash.. Thanks Ubiquiti.. now i go back to figuring the gateway.. 

p.s. Dear UniFi, as i do outdoor installs i find unifi a great product.. but not the poe.. the poe does not go outside.. in a camping site, there are no place for inside electric outlet so all outlets are mostly outside, in order to make this weatherproof, one must buy and expensive box to put the poe inside to protect it from the elements.. ubiquiti has made great outdoor products and an outdoor poe would be the cherry of an clean outdoor install.

Thanks.

Zaldias

20180427_104946.jpg

20180427_105830.jpg

DSC_0548.JPGi had to try it hehe

UniFi Large Camping site

by on ‎06-04-2018 01:42 PM

Screenshot from 2018-05-31 00-13-18.png

Every year i seem to get lucky and get a camping site to install.. getting better at it but its still a tricky process... mesh's latest firmware lets me see mesh's hopping everywhere but rather stable in the process, many must unconnect from the wifi until they get to their camping site, since they seem to stay connected to the mesh they initially connected too very far away rendering tx mostly impossible. More tweaking is necessary in my education of UniFi mesh, note that im running the gateway in non adopted mode since as soon as it adopts it goes disconnected but appears solid blue and being directly connected to the switch itself i find my self like kicked out of the system without internet.. quite weird.. using it without the gateway it connects but makes the modem of the sattelite connection (because there is nothing else) disconnect and reboot !!!.. but once connected to the gateway.. all goes fine.. client is happy.. over 70 clients connected for vouchers in 2 weekends.. raking in the cash.. Thanks Ubiquiti.. now i go back to figuring the gateway.. 

p.s. Dear UniFi, as i do outdoor installs i find unifi a great product.. but not the poe.. the poe does not go outside.. in a camping site, there are no place for inside electric outlet so all outlets are mostly outside, in order to make this weatherproof, one must buy and expensive box to put the poe inside to protect it from the elements.. ubiquiti has made great outdoor products and an outdoor poe would be the cherry of an clean outdoor install.

Thanks.

Zaldias

20180427_104946.jpg

20180427_105830.jpg

DSC_0548.JPGi had to try it hehe

{"location":{"title":"10-68 Chemin Poulin, Kiamika, QC J0W 1G0, Canada","placeId":"EjAxMC02OCBDaGVtaW4gUG91bGluLCBLaWFtaWthLCBRQyBKMFcgMUcwLCBDYW5hZGE"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-ac-mesh-ap","count":25}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"25 mesh's \n1x unifi switch 8\n1x unifi security gateway\n\n\n","mainImage":"160089i25165B7E66652DE4"}

Comments
by
on ‎06-05-2018 02:08 AM

I see you are using the UMA-D antenna's - how do you find their directional performance vs the included Omni antenna's?

by
on ‎06-05-2018 08:25 AM

you write 25 Mesh AP, isn't there a master needed aswell? how many hops do you have max away from cabled connection? how much real throughput do you get at a distant AP? thanks in advance!

by
on ‎06-06-2018 08:51 PM

Is the master AP a mesh unit as well? I think I see a mesh pro in there? 

by
on ‎06-07-2018 03:58 AM

yes a few UMA-D's are used in more remote areas of the camping site,  i find them quite usefull when the distance gets abit far between mesh's and there is no hops beyond the uma mesh

There is about 4 hops max in the worst places in this scenario with no lack of juice.

Yes a Unifi Mesh Pro can be used as master but not needed exclusivly, i dont consider the site large enough for it but its good. Two meshs at each end of the master initial building 

is just a usefull as one mesh pro.

by
on ‎06-07-2018 03:59 AM

oh and the rocket m5 with the uma-d is a joke.. dont do this at home Man Very Happy

by
on ‎06-09-2018 11:25 AM

so that means you can do mesh without a mesh master, just with the mesh APs, over 4 hops?

by
on ‎06-09-2018 01:55 PM

at the top middle of the site you see two mesh's quite close to eachother, they are directly connected to the switch so they act as 2 masters if you like. you must see meshing as a lighting bolt throughout your install. The mesh pro is not a master, but a more performant mesh than the ac, you think  you need a master you need the xg stadium. yes 4 hops in clear line of sight of eachother. If there are two other mesh's that see that one.. its even better.

Zaldias

by
on ‎06-18-2018 11:04 AM

Tu as raisons pour les POE. Quelle est la vitesse moyenne? Tu as fait du beau boulots

by
on ‎06-18-2018 11:27 AM

jai barré les clients a 2 mb/s en download et 1 mb/s up.. merci !! T'est de ou?

by
on ‎06-21-2018 07:56 AM

De St-Jean-sur-Richelieu