UniFi My Home Network Setup
Used Products
×1
×1
×1
×1
Description

Hi all,

Please share pictures of your home network setup. 

My setup is as follows:

1 x UniFi Security Gateway 4 Pro (Router)
1 x UniFi Switch 24 POE-250W (Managed Switch)
1 x UniFi AP-AC-LR (Wireless Access Point) - will add another for greater coverage 
1 x Unfi Cloud key Controller (Management of the network remotely)
1 x Huawei HG612 VDSL2 Modem
1 x Samknows Whitebox

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

IMG_5808.jpg

0 Kudos

UniFi My Home Network Setup

by 2 weeks ago

Hi all,

Please share pictures of your home network setup. 

My setup is as follows:

1 x UniFi Security Gateway 4 Pro (Router)
1 x UniFi Switch 24 POE-250W (Managed Switch)
1 x UniFi AP-AC-LR (Wireless Access Point) - will add another for greater coverage 
1 x Unfi Cloud key Controller (Management of the network remotely)
1 x Huawei HG612 VDSL2 Modem
1 x Samknows Whitebox

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

IMG_5808.jpg

{"location":{"title":"Birmingham, UK","placeId":"ChIJc3FBGy2UcEgRmHnurvD-gco"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-ac-lr","count":1},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifiswitch-24-250w","count":1},{"id":"unifi-cloud-key","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"184393i66B4E736BE6EF35B"}

Comments
by
2 weeks ago

Looks good but put that cloud key somewhere better! Looks crazy just dangling there.

by
2 weeks ago

Looks like the same comms cab as me.  I've got my cloud key secured in the little gap on the right/left of the cab using velcro, just make sure to be higher or lower than the lock where the lock engages (if using the same side as your lock).

by
Friday

Lose the Gen1 UC-CK. Its a liability now as its 32-bit and the mongodb version for that cpu is ancient.

It WILL annoy the hell out of you.

Brief history - UC-CK designed when the data intervals (sampling) were somewhat larger. Now if you have more than a small home install you can screw the db up very easily indeed (many of us have been there). You will undoubtably end up doing a factory reset on it within the first 6 months.