a week ago
UniFi & AirMAX to connect 3 cameras
Reason for Installation
One UniFi switch 8-150W is fed by a Nanobeam AC gen2. The switch also powers 3 AXIS M3027-PVE Network Cameras.
Used Products
×1
Description

Back in September, I connected an outbuilding using a pair of Nanobeams.  Inside the building were three AXIS M3027-PVE cameras that needed to be connected back to the central server.  I would love to switch to UniFi video system but Ubiquiti does not offer a single sensor 360-degree camera. In order to achieve the same coverage, I would need to double up on cameras, cables, and switches.

The UniFi switch has been working great for the past few months. I am sorry but I don't have any screenshots of the controller or air-os right now. I can say that setup of the nanobeams was a breeze thanks to the new built-in management radios, I look forward to using them again.  Next week I plan on installing two more 8 port switches in other buildings as well.

There are 4 cable coming in through a conduit to a patch panel. I also have an APC 425 VA UPS installedThere are 4 cable coming in through a conduit to a patch panel. I also have an APC 425 VA UPS installed

12 port vertical patch panel with a Unifi Switch 8 150w12 port vertical patch panel with a Unifi Switch 8 150w

Nanobeam AC gen2 mounted in the doorway of a buildingNanobeam AC gen2 mounted in the doorway of a buildingThis is the camera model that I installed, I wish Ubiquiti would make something similarThis is the camera model that I installed, I wish Ubiquiti would make something similar

UniFi & AirMAX to connect 3 cameras

by a week ago

Back in September, I connected an outbuilding using a pair of Nanobeams.  Inside the building were three AXIS M3027-PVE cameras that needed to be connected back to the central server.  I would love to switch to UniFi video system but Ubiquiti does not offer a single sensor 360-degree camera. In order to achieve the same coverage, I would need to double up on cameras, cables, and switches.

The UniFi switch has been working great for the past few months. I am sorry but I don't have any screenshots of the controller or air-os right now. I can say that setup of the nanobeams was a breeze thanks to the new built-in management radios, I look forward to using them again.  Next week I plan on installing two more 8 port switches in other buildings as well.

There are 4 cable coming in through a conduit to a patch panel. I also have an APC 425 VA UPS installedThere are 4 cable coming in through a conduit to a patch panel. I also have an APC 425 VA UPS installed

12 port vertical patch panel with a Unifi Switch 8 150w12 port vertical patch panel with a Unifi Switch 8 150w

Nanobeam AC gen2 mounted in the doorway of a buildingNanobeam AC gen2 mounted in the doorway of a buildingThis is the camera model that I installed, I wish Ubiquiti would make something similarThis is the camera model that I installed, I wish Ubiquiti would make something similar

{"location":{"title":"Wisconsin, United States","placeId":"ChIJr-OEkw_0qFIR1kmG-LjV1fI"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-switch-8-150w","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"One UniFi switch 8-150W is fed by a Nanobeam AC gen2. The switch also powers 3 AXIS M3027-PVE Network Cameras. ","mainImage":"138505i9CFC25ADB840AD89"}

Comments
by
a week ago

What are images like that you get from that camera?

Is that a barn or a shed?

by
a week ago

The camera's image quality is great as long as there is light. The building is steel frame shed.

by
Wednesday

Any idea what type of throughput you are getting?  I'm thinking of doing this in a multi-point scenario,,

by
Wednesday

I am going to be setting up a VLAN on this link later this week. I will post an update with some pictures/screenshots.