02/02/2018
UniFi and PBX Install for Non-Profit Org
Reason for Installation
UniFi USG, US-16-150W, UAP-Pro, and Cloud Key. Panasonic KX-NS700 PBX with (4) SIP Trunks, (7) desk phones, and (1) cordless. Wall mounted Tripp-Lite Enclosure in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Used Products
×1
×1
×1
×1
9007 Arrow Route, Rancho Cucamonga, CA, United States
Description

This is the first story that I'm sharing, but not our first UniFi install. We came across UBNT a few years back when looking for a good solution for APs, and we have been UniFi all the way since then!

So back in December we helped one of our long time customers set up their new branch. They are a non-profit org that needed a new phone system. At their other site they have an old Nortel that we've helped manage over the years. But with this being a new site we we wanted to set them up with either Hosted VoIP or a Hybrid PBX. (They felt more comfortable with having an onsite PBX).

After our initial site survey we found out they were planning on using the ISP's router and ordering phone lines through them as well... We knew we had a better solution for them. So we designed a network and phone solution that we knew would be simple for them to use, yet secure, robust, and affordable. We replaced the ISP's WiFi router with a USG, AP-Pro, US-16-150W, and a Cloud Key. We immediately saw a 10-15% increase in bandwidth speed, as well as improvemnt in latency and jitter which was important for our SIP trunks. Next we installed a Panasonic KX-NS700 PBX w/ (4) SIP Trunks, (7) desk phones, and (1) cordless phone. (I really like how easy it is to disable SIP on the USG now. Really makes these types of installs much easier).

Everything was up and working in a day. And what an improvement over their previous plans. The total cost of the project was well within their budget, and everything just works! We have been doing UniFi now for a couple years and all of our installs have been success stories. We've been very happy with UniFi as it helps us phone guys give our customers a better experience with VoIP and SIP. Thanks for such a great community and great products UBNT!IMG_2286.jpgDay of install at our shop in Redlands, CA

IMG_1552.jpgPre-existing cabling and ISP equipment

IMG_1574.jpgHad to move the ONT and re-terminate the CAT5, but well worth it to clean that mess up

IMG_2322.jpgBlew the old WiFi out of the water

IMG_1578.jpgEverything just work beautifully!

UniFi and PBX Install for Non-Profit Org

by on ‎02-02-2018 11:23 AM

This is the first story that I'm sharing, but not our first UniFi install. We came across UBNT a few years back when looking for a good solution for APs, and we have been UniFi all the way since then!

So back in December we helped one of our long time customers set up their new branch. They are a non-profit org that needed a new phone system. At their other site they have an old Nortel that we've helped manage over the years. But with this being a new site we we wanted to set them up with either Hosted VoIP or a Hybrid PBX. (They felt more comfortable with having an onsite PBX).

After our initial site survey we found out they were planning on using the ISP's router and ordering phone lines through them as well... We knew we had a better solution for them. So we designed a network and phone solution that we knew would be simple for them to use, yet secure, robust, and affordable. We replaced the ISP's WiFi router with a USG, AP-Pro, US-16-150W, and a Cloud Key. We immediately saw a 10-15% increase in bandwidth speed, as well as improvemnt in latency and jitter which was important for our SIP trunks. Next we installed a Panasonic KX-NS700 PBX w/ (4) SIP Trunks, (7) desk phones, and (1) cordless phone. (I really like how easy it is to disable SIP on the USG now. Really makes these types of installs much easier).

Everything was up and working in a day. And what an improvement over their previous plans. The total cost of the project was well within their budget, and everything just works! We have been doing UniFi now for a couple years and all of our installs have been success stories. We've been very happy with UniFi as it helps us phone guys give our customers a better experience with VoIP and SIP. Thanks for such a great community and great products UBNT!IMG_2286.jpgDay of install at our shop in Redlands, CA

IMG_1552.jpgPre-existing cabling and ISP equipment

IMG_1574.jpgHad to move the ONT and re-terminate the CAT5, but well worth it to clean that mess up

IMG_2322.jpgBlew the old WiFi out of the water

IMG_1578.jpgEverything just work beautifully!

{"location":{"title":"9007 Arrow Route, Rancho Cucamonga, CA, United States","placeId":"ChIJt8kthyg0w4AR1oQWGYKS6PU"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-ap-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifi-cloud-key","count":1},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-16-150w","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"UniFi USG, US-16-150W, UAP-Pro, and Cloud Key. Panasonic KX-NS700 PBX with (4) SIP Trunks, (7) desk phones, and (1) cordless. Wall mounted Tripp-Lite Enclosure in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. ","mainImage":"141288i11F1B5357AE7D260"}

Comments
by
on ‎02-03-2018 03:57 AM

nice clean look !!

good work.

same problem like me. The Cloudkey just hang around. I wish they would build a 19" version for a perfet look !

by
on ‎02-03-2018 04:04 AM
by
on ‎02-03-2018 03:12 PM

I'd settle for some mounting ears or slots on the back of the Cloud Key. Well, that and a UniFi controller virtual appliance. I'd much rather have a packaged VM than a physical box