Back again with our latest WiFi project in Torremolinos, Málaga, Spain, finished on 16th July.
In this case, our client had the WiFi installation with UniFi done from 2010/11.
They suspected that there were lot of users connected to the WiFi outside the hotel because the wifi passcode was provided to everyone who stayed at the hotel or in the bar last 4-5 years.
They also felt that web browsing was a little bit slow because of "lovely neighbours".
They did not have access to de Unifi Controller or the main router; the company who did the installation did not provide any kind of information, therefore our client, Hotel Don Paquito in Torremolinos, wanted:
- Full WiFi Coverage in all Rooms in Building
- Control over connections / WPA shared key changed every certain time.
- Transparent and easy WiFi Setup. No hotspot.
Hardware used for this project:
· 8 x UniFi LR Access Point
· 3x UniFi S Access Point · 1x Higher Router for IP / DHCP / QoS · 1x Router Movistar
· Ubnt Tough Switch for fast UAP reset / adoption / configuration
There we go with project pictures...
2 UAP in each corridor ( 1 ethernet - 1 wireless )
View oft the hotel from outside - 66 rooms
The ToughSwitch made the UAP reset /adoption / firmware upgrade / reconfiguration faster and easier
UAP waiting for reconfiguration...
UAP List & Traffic
UAP Distribution Map
42 Devices on network - Downloads / Uploads - Uptimes