a week ago
Unifi LED Panel Install
Reason for Installation
Unifi L2 48 500w Switch, Unifi-XG, Router, ICC Patch panel, and Panduit Cable Management Tray
Used Products
×1
Description

So I finally got a chance to mount my lights and dimmers in the New Ubiquiti EoT LED product line.  I currently only have one light hung and mounted,  I did get both my dimmer switches mounted.  This is in the basement of my house.   The house is about 80 years old and still has alot of knob and tube wiring.  Over the last few years I have replaced it as time permits along with resources.  I asked my wife what she thought of putting these panels in the basement and she liked the idea.  LED Lights, Controllable from the phone or switches, and of Course the Ubiquiti Brand.  I went to the local big box hardware store and bought the deepest single gang boxes they had in plastic.  The basement is unfinished, so you will notice that.  However, I wanted to get at least one light up last night and I am getting ready to go out of state to do another unifi job.  I got 2 of the EoT dimmer switches, I also bought 8 Female ICC Cat6 Keystone Jacks (Red in Color) mainly to keep all my drops color coded and straight.   i was able to run the one side of the drop in and use a 3 foot patch cable between the dimmer switch and the end of the drop and still able to succusfully Secure the dimmer to the box.  I do like the fact i have emergency lighting provided via battery backup now (My Core Gear) in my dark basement as when the power goes out it is pitch black.  I just used Cat6 which is alot easier to work with and less to worry about higher voltage when dealing with lighting.  I do like the controller as it tells you how much power is used, and you can easily change the lights the dimmers control by a slight adjust in the controller.  Way to go Ubiquiti!  Looking forward to future hardware to incorperate into this product line.  Special thanks and shoutout to @UBNT-Yen and his team!The LightThe Light

EOT-LIGHT-1.jpg

EOT-LIGHT-3.jpg

EOT-LIGHT-2.jpg

EOT-LIGHT-5.jpg

EOT-LIGHT-4.jpg

Unifi LED Panel Install

by a week ago

So I finally got a chance to mount my lights and dimmers in the New Ubiquiti EoT LED product line.  I currently only have one light hung and mounted,  I did get both my dimmer switches mounted.  This is in the basement of my house.   The house is about 80 years old and still has alot of knob and tube wiring.  Over the last few years I have replaced it as time permits along with resources.  I asked my wife what she thought of putting these panels in the basement and she liked the idea.  LED Lights, Controllable from the phone or switches, and of Course the Ubiquiti Brand.  I went to the local big box hardware store and bought the deepest single gang boxes they had in plastic.  The basement is unfinished, so you will notice that.  However, I wanted to get at least one light up last night and I am getting ready to go out of state to do another unifi job.  I got 2 of the EoT dimmer switches, I also bought 8 Female ICC Cat6 Keystone Jacks (Red in Color) mainly to keep all my drops color coded and straight.   i was able to run the one side of the drop in and use a 3 foot patch cable between the dimmer switch and the end of the drop and still able to succusfully Secure the dimmer to the box.  I do like the fact i have emergency lighting provided via battery backup now (My Core Gear) in my dark basement as when the power goes out it is pitch black.  I just used Cat6 which is alot easier to work with and less to worry about higher voltage when dealing with lighting.  I do like the controller as it tells you how much power is used, and you can easily change the lights the dimmers control by a slight adjust in the controller.  Way to go Ubiquiti!  Looking forward to future hardware to incorperate into this product line.  Special thanks and shoutout to @UBNT-Yen and his team!The LightThe Light

EOT-LIGHT-1.jpg

EOT-LIGHT-3.jpg

EOT-LIGHT-2.jpg

EOT-LIGHT-5.jpg

EOT-LIGHT-4.jpg

{"location":{"title":"Salt Lake City, UT, USA","placeId":"ChIJ7THRiJQ9UocRyjFNSKC3U1s"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"l2-managed-poe-gigabit-switch-with-sfp","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"Unifi L2 48 500w Switch, Unifi-XG, Router, ICC Patch panel, and Panduit Cable Management Tray","mainImage":"142469i6E0920AAC83D633F"}

I can not teach you anything. I can only make you think. Please don't forget to mark posts as solutions, and to give kudos when something solves your issue.
Comments
by
Monday

That looks awesome!

by
Wednesday

How did you mount the panel

by
Wednesday

Thick Bailing wire and used 2 Eyelits in one of the floor Joists.  @Ifixtek

by Ubiquiti Employee
Wednesday