×1
×1
×2
×1
×1
×4
Description

1.jpg

Hey, I did a complete w-lan installation on a campsite for my parents. But the hotspot manager that comes with the unifi controller was not very useful and a bit laborious to work with. I wanted a very simple all in one solution like, "Press one button and nothing else" to get a voucher printed and automatically insert the information to the unifi controller, that the guests are able to join the network. I made a little video to introduce my project what I did.

HOW TO NOW ON GITHUBhttps://github.com/PaintSplasher/unifi-voucher-service

Now some pictures how I assembly my parts, I am a big fan to solder all my cables.

The Pi-Supply comes in parts, but it is very simple to assembly.

2.jpg

Needed cables to power the touch and the raspberry

3.jpg

Raspberry & Pi-Supply and some connected wires for the "on" and "off" buttons4.jpg

Tight but fits Man Wink

5.jpg

Closed back Man Happy

6.jpg

version_1.jpg

version_2.jpg

label_example.jpg

Hopefully you find my project interesting! If anyone want some more information about the code, the api I used or the software installation, maybe I could write a complete "How to".

Greetings

Thorsten

Unifi / Raspberry - Label printer with touchscreen - Campsite

by ‎05-17-2018 10:45 AM - edited ‎10-28-2018 03:09 PM

1.jpg

Hey, I did a complete w-lan installation on a campsite for my parents. But the hotspot manager that comes with the unifi controller was not very useful and a bit laborious to work with. I wanted a very simple all in one solution like, "Press one button and nothing else" to get a voucher printed and automatically insert the information to the unifi controller, that the guests are able to join the network. I made a little video to introduce my project what I did.

HOW TO NOW ON GITHUBhttps://github.com/PaintSplasher/unifi-voucher-service

Now some pictures how I assembly my parts, I am a big fan to solder all my cables.

The Pi-Supply comes in parts, but it is very simple to assembly.

2.jpg

Needed cables to power the touch and the raspberry

3.jpg

Raspberry & Pi-Supply and some connected wires for the "on" and "off" buttons4.jpg

Tight but fits Man Wink

5.jpg

Closed back Man Happy

6.jpg

version_1.jpg

version_2.jpg

label_example.jpg

Hopefully you find my project interesting! If anyone want some more information about the code, the api I used or the software installation, maybe I could write a complete "How to".

Greetings

Thorsten

{"location":{"title":"Frankfurt am Main, Germany","placeId":"ChIJxZZwR28JvUcRAMawKVBDIgQ"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-cloud-key","count":1},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-60w-b","count":2},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-beta","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ap-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ap-outdoor-plus","count":4}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"157544iD10579083F2D6996"}

Greetings
Thorsten Sass
Comments
by
on ‎06-02-2018 12:53 AM

do you have a parts list you used for the case and other parts?, i am in the netherlands so buying from germany wont be a problem tax wise

by
on ‎06-02-2018 05:03 AM

I wrote everything what I used on github, but here again:

• Raspberry Pi 3 B+ (B Plus) with 3A Power Supply, 16gb sd-card (class10) and Heatsinks
  • Raspberry Pi Supply Switch On/Off
  • Raspberry Pi 7" Touchscreen Display and Case (Official)
  • Brother QL-700 High-speed Professional Label Printer
  • Brother DK-11209 Adress Label Small 29x62mm
  • Two simple push buttons
by
on ‎06-04-2018 11:44 PM

Wonderful work!

If you write the detailed instructions that how to get this work, it will be better.

by
on ‎06-05-2018 05:14 AM

@besterss I wrote everything down, step by step. Linked in the first post and anywhere between Man Wink

But again: https://github.com/PaintSplasher/unifi-voucher-service

by
on ‎06-05-2018 08:06 AM

its time for ubiquiti to create this product (Voucher Printer and with buttons or touch screen)

by
on ‎06-06-2018 02:14 AM

I Love it... I also would appreciate a (detailed) how-to.

This is SO AWSOME!

by
on ‎06-07-2018 06:02 AM
by
on ‎06-07-2018 06:10 AM

Pff... what a...  Skep

by
‎06-07-2018 06:37 AM - edited ‎06-07-2018 06:55 AM

well it took them what, less than a week?

(since you posted everything on github)

to steal all of your hard work and pass it off as their own.

Thorsten, you should really go see a lawyer ... probably you would get all their sales revenue, plus double that for damages if the lawyer is any good.

@ubnt should suspend the omg.de reseller license for pulling this sort of despicable thieving stunt.

by
on ‎06-09-2018 07:23 AM

You know, every thing on Internet is for free and public use. Internet is a free area of ​​law :-)

Hahahahaha. I hope you will get licensing fees for every saled system.