×1
×1
×2
×1
×1
×4
Description

1.jpg

Hey, I did a complete w-lan installation on a campsite for my parents. But the hotspot manager that comes with the unifi controller was not very useful and a bit laborious to work with. I wanted a very simple all in one solution like, "Press one button and nothing else" to get a voucher printed and automatically insert the information to the unifi controller, that the guests are able to join the network. I made a little video to introduce my project what I did.

HOW TO NOW ON GITHUBhttps://github.com/PaintSplasher/unifi-voucher-service

Now some pictures how I assembly my parts, I am a big fan to solder all my cables.

The Pi-Supply comes in parts, but it is very simple to assembly.

2.jpg

Needed cables to power the touch and the raspberry

3.jpg

Raspberry & Pi-Supply and some connected wires for the "on" and "off" buttons4.jpg

Tight but fits Man Wink

5.jpg

Closed back Man Happy

6.jpg

version_1.jpg

version_2.jpg

label_example.jpg

Hopefully you find my project interesting! If anyone want some more information about the code, the api I used or the software installation, maybe I could write a complete "How to".

Greetings

Thorsten

Unifi / Raspberry - Label printer with touchscreen - Campsite

by ‎05-17-2018 10:45 AM - edited ‎10-28-2018 03:09 PM

1.jpg

Hey, I did a complete w-lan installation on a campsite for my parents. But the hotspot manager that comes with the unifi controller was not very useful and a bit laborious to work with. I wanted a very simple all in one solution like, "Press one button and nothing else" to get a voucher printed and automatically insert the information to the unifi controller, that the guests are able to join the network. I made a little video to introduce my project what I did.

HOW TO NOW ON GITHUBhttps://github.com/PaintSplasher/unifi-voucher-service

Now some pictures how I assembly my parts, I am a big fan to solder all my cables.

The Pi-Supply comes in parts, but it is very simple to assembly.

2.jpg

Needed cables to power the touch and the raspberry

3.jpg

Raspberry & Pi-Supply and some connected wires for the "on" and "off" buttons4.jpg

Tight but fits Man Wink

5.jpg

Closed back Man Happy

6.jpg

version_1.jpg

version_2.jpg

label_example.jpg

Hopefully you find my project interesting! If anyone want some more information about the code, the api I used or the software installation, maybe I could write a complete "How to".

Greetings

Thorsten

{"location":{"title":"Frankfurt am Main, Germany","placeId":"ChIJxZZwR28JvUcRAMawKVBDIgQ"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-cloud-key","count":1},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-60w-b","count":2},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-beta","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ap-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ap-outdoor-plus","count":4}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"157544iD10579083F2D6996"}

Greetings
Thorsten Sass
Comments
by
on ‎05-17-2018 10:54 AM

This is excellent work! What a great way to get vouchers created. I saw another user with a custom built printer for this. Just hit 1 button and boom, a voucher is printed and updated in the controller for use. These are great!

I recommend getting some type of documentation setup for this. Others are going to want the same thing with "How-To's for getting it built and running.

by
‎05-17-2018 12:40 PM - edited ‎05-17-2018 12:45 PM

OMG that auto print is incredible!!!!

nice job there

And yes share it with others :-)   maybe i will run in also my RPi Just for testing in my home

by
on ‎05-17-2018 10:07 PM

DUDE!

write the how too! 

or better. Make it. I'll buy it!

by
on ‎05-18-2018 01:22 AM

Nice work!

A Howto would be much appreciated!

by
on ‎05-18-2018 01:33 AM

Very nice! I'm waiting for tutorial :-)

by
on ‎05-18-2018 09:35 AM

Hey, I am happy that you guys like it.

I will do write a "How to" but this take some time. And I have to rewrite some

codelines that anybody can easily change the necessary variables.

Regards

Thorsten

by
on ‎05-18-2018 12:38 PM

@PaintSplasher

Yes i can wait a while :-)    wanna test it

by
on ‎05-18-2018 01:11 PM

What a incredibly build..

NICE WORK MAN!

by
on ‎05-19-2018 04:46 AM

Better yet - How about Ubiquiti making a solution for us, similar to this project. :-)

by
on ‎05-19-2018 07:04 PM

This is way awesome! I look forward to the how to.