a week ago
Unifi / Raspberry - Label printer with touchscreen - Campsite
Reason for Installation
Antennas I used for our campsite are 3x 120° Sector and 1x Omni 360, this covers an area of 3 hectares. I put our printer setup at the reception, so every employee can simple print a voucher for our guests with one click and do not have to login or see anything from the unfi controller software or hotspot manager.
Used Products
×1
×1
×2
×1
×1
×4
Description

1.jpg

Hey, I did a complete w-lan installation on a campsite for my parents. But the hotspot manager that comes with the unifi controller was not very useful and a bit laborious to work with. I wanted a very simple all in one solution like, "Press one button and nothing else" to get a voucher printed and automatically insert the information to the unifi controller, that the guests are able to join the network. I made a little video to introduce my project what I did.

Now some pictures how I assembly my parts, I am a big fan to solder all my cables.

The Pi-Supply comes in parts, but it is very simple to assembly.

2.jpg

Needed cables to power the touch and the raspberry

3.jpg

Raspberry & Pi-Supply and some connected wires for the "on" and "off" buttons4.jpg

Tight but fits Man Wink

5.jpg

Closed back Man Happy

6.jpg

Hopefully you find my project interesting! If anyone want some more information about the code, the api I used or the software installation, maybe I could write a complete "How to".

Greetings

Thorsten

Unifi / Raspberry - Label printer with touchscreen - Campsite

by a week ago - last edited a week ago

1.jpg

Hey, I did a complete w-lan installation on a campsite for my parents. But the hotspot manager that comes with the unifi controller was not very useful and a bit laborious to work with. I wanted a very simple all in one solution like, "Press one button and nothing else" to get a voucher printed and automatically insert the information to the unifi controller, that the guests are able to join the network. I made a little video to introduce my project what I did.

Now some pictures how I assembly my parts, I am a big fan to solder all my cables.

The Pi-Supply comes in parts, but it is very simple to assembly.

2.jpg

Needed cables to power the touch and the raspberry

3.jpg

Raspberry & Pi-Supply and some connected wires for the "on" and "off" buttons4.jpg

Tight but fits Man Wink

5.jpg

Closed back Man Happy

6.jpg

Hopefully you find my project interesting! If anyone want some more information about the code, the api I used or the software installation, maybe I could write a complete "How to".

Greetings

Thorsten

{"location":{"title":"Frankfurt am Main, Germany","placeId":"ChIJxZZwR28JvUcRAMawKVBDIgQ"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-cloud-key","count":1},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-60w-b","count":2},{"id":"unifi-switch-8-beta","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ap-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ap-outdoor-plus","count":4}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"Antennas I used for our campsite are 3x 120° Sector and 1x Omni 360, this covers an area of 3 hectares. I put our printer setup at the reception, so every employee can simple print a voucher for our guests with one click and do not have to login or see anything from the unfi controller software or hotspot manager.","mainImage":"157544iD10579083F2D6996"}

Greetings
Thorsten Sass
Comments
by
a week ago

This is excellent work! What a great way to get vouchers created. I saw another user with a custom built printer for this. Just hit 1 button and boom, a voucher is printed and updated in the controller for use. These are great!

I recommend getting some type of documentation setup for this. Others are going to want the same thing with "How-To's for getting it built and running.

by
a week ago - last edited a week ago

OMG that auto print is incredible!!!!

nice job there

And yes share it with others :-)   maybe i will run in also my RPi Just for testing in my home

by
Thursday

DUDE!

write the how too! 

or better. Make it. I'll buy it!

by
Friday

Nice work!

A Howto would be much appreciated!

by
Friday

Very nice! I'm waiting for tutorial :-)

by
Friday

Hey, I am happy that you guys like it.

I will do write a "How to" but this take some time. And I have to rewrite some

codelines that anybody can easily change the necessary variables.

Regards

Thorsten

by
Friday

@PaintSplasher

Yes i can wait a while :-)    wanna test it

by
Friday

What a incredibly build..

NICE WORK MAN!

by
Saturday

Better yet - How about Ubiquiti making a solution for us, similar to this project. :-)

by
Saturday

This is way awesome! I look forward to the how to.