04/03/2016
Unifi installed for Flight Academy
Description

FA MAP.png

Unifi installed across a Flight training academy in the UK.

We installed a fiber link between the "Main office" and "Training" buildings.

The server (with controller) are located in the Main office, all ap's are UAP-LR's.

The 3 AP's in the bottom of the map were installed last year and the training ap added more recently. The training building is almost completed.

We used LR's due to the buildings being constructed with metal, roaming between the 3 clustered buildings is just about possible 

We also mounted a Nanostation on the exterior of the training building to allow the helicopter pilots to access doccumentation whilst on the pads (This was installed before I was aware Unifi would run on a Pico M2)

I will follow up with pictures once the building is opened. 

Ubiquiti gear managed to keep the costs down whilst providing a proffesional wireless network.

Unifi installed for Flight Academy

by ‎04-03-2016 09:17 AM - edited ‎04-03-2016 09:20 AM

FA MAP.png

Unifi installed across a Flight training academy in the UK.

We installed a fiber link between the "Main office" and "Training" buildings.

The server (with controller) are located in the Main office, all ap's are UAP-LR's.

The 3 AP's in the bottom of the map were installed last year and the training ap added more recently. The training building is almost completed.

We used LR's due to the buildings being constructed with metal, roaming between the 3 clustered buildings is just about possible 

We also mounted a Nanostation on the exterior of the training building to allow the helicopter pilots to access doccumentation whilst on the pads (This was installed before I was aware Unifi would run on a Pico M2)

I will follow up with pictures once the building is opened. 

Ubiquiti gear managed to keep the costs down whilst providing a proffesional wireless network.

Comments
by
on ‎04-03-2016 09:47 AM

Nice! Looks like a sweet grass strip. I've never flown in the UK,

and haven't landed on grass very often.

I'm glad you weren't aware about using PicoStation for UniFi.   Dave

by
on ‎04-03-2016 09:53 AM

@Dave-D Have you had poor experiences with a Picostation on Unifi?

Most flying I have done is in Robinson R-44's.

The airfeild is used for flying schools and GA mainly, with an ajoined heliport for Police and air ambulance. 

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎04-03-2016 07:06 PM

Great! Thank you for sharing your story Man Happy

by Deleted Account
on ‎04-04-2016 07:03 AM

Nice, thanks for sharing!

by
on ‎04-04-2016 05:10 PM

Good Job! UniFi and aviation are nowdays more in touch... Lol  Good to see pilots at the community..

UAP AC LITE inside an A320

Final from Ubiquiti.jpg

by
on ‎04-09-2016 08:50 PM

Bonus Internet points for using the pic with the fixed wing in flight. Was that a google satellite shot?

by
on ‎04-10-2016 06:38 AM

@ahBGUO12 I am using the google maps picture yes, thought it was nice to include the AC taking off just to show the useage scenario Man Happy