What was installed ?

• Firewall Unifi Secured Gateway Pro 4
  • Switch PoE Unifi 250W
  • Synology RS217 2x4To
  • External USB Hard drive
  • Unifi Cloud Key
  • Unifi Wifi Access point Pro
  • Keys to unlock cables and HDD

The cloud key had some difficuties to keep a stable link behing a vsat connection with high latency

but local service was perfect,

• dfgdfg.jpg

dfgfg.png

sfdg.jpg

Unifi system on boat

by on ‎06-19-2018 12:33 AM

Here is an installation done on a big boat

tg.jpg

What was installed ?

• Firewall Unifi Secured Gateway Pro 4
  • Switch PoE Unifi 250W
  • Synology RS217 2x4To
  • External USB Hard drive
  • Unifi Cloud Key
  • Unifi Wifi Access point Pro
  • Keys to unlock cables and HDD

The cloud key had some difficuties to keep a stable link behing a vsat connection with high latency

but local service was perfect,

• dfgdfg.jpg

dfgfg.png

sfdg.jpg

{"location":{"title":"Mediterranean Sea","placeId":"ChIJnzxHHLghFBMRQPjM_opZky4"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-cloud-key","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ac-pro-5-pack","count":1},{"id":"unifi-security-gateway-pro","count":1},{"id":"uap-outdoor-ac","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-24","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"161943iDFB28910EDC7B80A"}

Comments
by
‎06-19-2018 12:55 AM - edited ‎06-19-2018 12:55 AM

Nice!

I guess on such a big vessel power consumption is not an issue.  Otherwise I'd go for the USG-3 instead.

Also those AP-Outdoor+'s...  If these are not salvages ones I'd choose the Mesh'es instead.

I With that expensive link, are the benefits of the UCK worth it?

Very interested to hear more insights on choice of equipment reasons, costs of the link, bandwidth throttling and perhaps the revenue model?

by
on ‎06-28-2018 01:46 PM

Nice system, but could you run a cable instead of that wireless link? Maybe an optical one because of interference, unless that is too much pain in the um... back. Anyway, nice system, is it for use by boat's crew or for some passengers? If so, do you monitor how much of bandwith is used by whom?

@EDPR I guess the UCK in this serves as the local UniFi controller, managing this setup over sattellite link would be ehm... awfull, and use up some of precious bandwidth, too.

by
on ‎07-12-2018 09:03 AM

I run the controller on l3 for a lot of VSATs, its not unstable. If your cloudkey cannot keep up then theres something wrong with the connection (a lot of blockage, really really slow connection(i mean slower than normal slow marine vsat), lack of bandwidth management onboard etc).