×1
×1
×1
×1
×1
Description

IMG_0132.jpeg

IMG_0133.jpeg

After many years with Unifi APs around the office I decided it was time to replace the old router with a USG-PRO to get everything integrated in the controller. It obviously didnt match the other hardware in the network rack so the old switch had to go as well to be replaced with a US-16-150W. Searched online for aluminum cover panels and cable management panels but didnt find any so I bought a can of aluminum spray, containing 99.5% aluminum, usually used for heat and rost protection on exhaust pipes. Sprayed the wallmounted rack and the panels to match and now I'm finally satisfied.

Skärmavbild 2018-11-02 kl. 16.06.53.png

Skärmavbild 2018-11-02 kl. 16.12.12.png

Unifi themed rack

by 2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

IMG_0132.jpeg

IMG_0133.jpeg

After many years with Unifi APs around the office I decided it was time to replace the old router with a USG-PRO to get everything integrated in the controller. It obviously didnt match the other hardware in the network rack so the old switch had to go as well to be replaced with a US-16-150W. Searched online for aluminum cover panels and cable management panels but didnt find any so I bought a can of aluminum spray, containing 99.5% aluminum, usually used for heat and rost protection on exhaust pipes. Sprayed the wallmounted rack and the panels to match and now I'm finally satisfied.

Skärmavbild 2018-11-02 kl. 16.06.53.png

Skärmavbild 2018-11-02 kl. 16.12.12.png

{"location":{"title":"Göteborg, Sverige","placeId":"ChIJPwdslmeOT0YRQHwOKXiQAQQ"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"unifi-security-gateway-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifi-switch-16-150w","count":1},{"id":"inwall-ap","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ac-pro","count":1},{"id":"unifi-ap","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"181129i2D90D9A67CD99E52"}

Comments
by
2 weeks ago

Bra ide. Tack så mycket!

by
a week ago

Veldig fin finish. Hva heter aluminium sprayen du brukte?

by
Wednesday

Snyggt!

by
yesterday

looks good 

by
yesterday

Snyggt jobbat!!

by
11 hours ago

That's actually a really cool idea to use the spray paint. I noticed how you had the USG Pro hooked up. Are there 2 connections between the USG and the Switch? I see fiber going in to both, but I also see that the copper is going in to the LAN side of your USG. Just wondering how you have that set up, out of curiousity.

Nice setup, nonetheless! Looks super clean!

by
10 hours ago

@sdaudet Thanks! The fiber going to the USG is from the ISP (FTTH or rather FTTB or FTTR since it’s a business) the other fiber is going to another switch in a remote building where it’s hooked up to a bunch of surveillance cameras and a PowerBeam AC ISO going to yet another building. I will replace the copper between the USG and switch soon since I will need the port for other devices, and partly because it will look better!