Official airCam Trade-Up Program Announcement

by Ubiquiti Employee ‎07-21-2016 10:00 AM - edited ‎10-24-2016 07:26 AM

The US airCam Trade-Up Program has officially ended per the 90 day limitation.

Hi Everyone,

We know that many of you have been waiting for details on our airCam trade-up program and we very much appreciate your patience. We are happy to announce the details of this program to you today. Below are some FAQs that should address many, if not all, of your questions. If you have a question, please feel free to post it below. If it’s a common question or a question that we think will come up often, we’ll add it to the FAQ on this original post for quick access. This is the thread for discussion.  Please, let’s keep this on topic and only post questions regarding the logistics of the airCam trade-up program. Other questions should be posted in another thread.

Q. Will I need my original invoice to receive a credit?

A. No. We are not requiring documentation proving you purchased an airCam

Q. Will I have to send my airCam(s) back?

A. Yes, you will need to send your units back to us in order to receive your credit

Q. How much credit will I receive?

A. You will receive a 50% off coupon code towards the purchase of a UVC-G3 or UVC-G3-Dome via store.ubnt.com for each airCam traded up.

Q. How will shipping work?

• For US customers: You will cover shipping costs to send the units back to our offices. All return cameras will be headed to our San Jose, CA office.
  • International customers can work with distributors they purchased from. Your distributor will then ship your replacements.

Q. Can I combine my credits?

A. Yes, you can combine your credits

Q. Can I swap models? I.e. an airCam Mini for a UVC-G3-Dome?

A. Yes. The model is irrelevant as your coupon will be 50% off the purchase of a Gen3, regardless of what airCam model you sent in.

Q. How will this process work?

A.

• For US customers, you will submit for a special RMA using “airCam Trade-Up Program” in the “Problem Category” section of the RMA form. We recognize that this is a security product and for that reason, DO NOT immediately send your units in. We will notify you via the email you entered on the RMA form when you should ship your units to us. Once the units are received and processed, you will be emailed your coupon codes. In short:
      1. Submit an RMA using “airCam Trade-Up Program” for your Problem Categorychrome_2016-07-21_11-57-59.png
      2. Await an email letting you know it’s clear to send your airCams in
      3. Once the airCams have been received, we will email you your coupon codes
    • For International customers, this process will be determined by your distributor

Q. Is this offer valid for UVC, UVC-Dome, UVC-Micro, or UVC-Pro?

A. No, this offer is only valid for airCam, airCam Dome, and airCam Mini.

Q. How long will the exchange take?

A. We will be shipping on a first come, first served basis. As we receive units inbound from the factory, customers that submitted their RMA earliest and send their airCams in a timely manner after receiving the email asking them to do so will get their coupon codes first.

Q. How long will this program run?

A. 3 months from the date of this post. This is simply to put in your RMA request for your upgrades, not the window in which the whole process must be completed (i.e. shipping of your devices and shipping of replacement devices is not required to happen in this 3-month time frame)

Q. How long will the 2nd generation of UVCs be supported (UVC, UVC-Dome, UVC-Pro, UVC-Micro)?

A. We have no plans to discontinue the 2nd generation of cameras anytime soon.

Q. Can I receive credit for broken or non-functional cameras?

A. No. airCams must be functioning.

Q. Are there any limitations based on location (region or country)?

A. No

Q. Are all components/accessories (mounting hardware, waterproofing seal, box, manual) required?

A. No, only the airCam itself is required to be returned

Q. Do I really have to go around and get the date codes from the cameras?

A. No, you can use 1548G for the purposes of this program.

Q. How do I submit an RMA for multiple units?

A. At the time of this edit, the only way to do so is to click the Add Another Item link on the RMA form:

chrome_2016-07-22_10-11-39.png

We are working to get the spreadsheet updated with the airCam Trade-Up Program listed as a problem category to make it a bit easier for customers with many units.

Q. Do I submit one RMA for each camera?

A. No. It is critical that you include all airCams.  The way the system works is that you will get coupon codes based on the number of cameras that you RMA'd.  If you put only 1 unit in the RMA and send us six, you will only get one coupon code valid for one camera.  If you wish to break your camera deployment up, that is fine, but please be accurate with your camera count per RMA.

Q. If I have other things to RMA, can I include them in the same RMA?

A. No.  The airCam Trade-Up Program is very specific and very precise.  Please only submit airCams in your RMA.

Comments
by
on ‎07-21-2016 10:05 AM

YES, Finally! Man Happy Ubnt Banana

by
on ‎07-21-2016 10:16 AM

@i4wifi-eu @i4wifi-michal how are you going to handle this trade-up program?

by
on ‎07-21-2016 10:47 AM

When will the G3's be available?

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎07-21-2016 11:03 AM

Upgrades will start shipping in the next few weeks.

by
on ‎07-21-2016 11:11 AM

what are you going to do with all of the old Aircams?

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎07-21-2016 11:20 AM

@DrDiesel and @alan87i volunteered to dispose of them.  I'm not entirely sure what their plan is, but I think it looks a lot like this:

Operation_Upshot-Knothole_-_Badger_001

by
on ‎07-21-2016 11:22 AM

Is it possible to only send in a few at a time, so that entire systems with mostly aircams currently are not taken offline during the shipping time to get the replacement G3 cameras?

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎07-21-2016 11:24 AM

@amartin Yes, but it will require you to do the process multiple times.

by
on ‎07-21-2016 11:28 AM

@UBNT-Matt_B_ Thanks for the clarification. Are there any estimates on turnaround time from when I ship the aircams until when the new G3 cameras would arrive?

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎07-21-2016 11:30 AM

@amartin from the time that they are received until you receive your coupon codes will be a couple days.

by
on ‎07-21-2016 12:09 PM

Who is the distributor in Hungary? I only see resellers here.

by
on ‎07-21-2016 12:31 PM

I have bought from a variety of distributors and resellers in various countries (UK, USA and Brazil). All my cameras are in Brazil - can I send them all back via either of the two distributors in Brazil (OIW Telecom Solutions or WDC Networks)?

I assume I then use the 50% voucher to purchase the new stock from the Distributor who sends them back?

by Ubiquiti Employee
‎07-21-2016 12:55 PM - edited ‎07-21-2016 12:55 PM

@pacsabi Please use the distributors page to locate your best option.

@alex_cambui It is up to your distributor to determine how you get your discount.  @UBNT-Ben will have to confirm, but I don't think it will be an issue if you send them all to a single distributor.

by
on ‎07-21-2016 02:13 PM

@UBNT-Matt_B_

What does it mean by "combining credits"? Two 50% coupons combine to 100% coupon?

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎07-21-2016 02:39 PM

@dajian888 correct.  If you send in two airCams, you can use your coupon codes to obtain 1 UVC-G3 or UVC-G3-Dome.  4 airCams can equal 2 UVC-G3 models, and so on...

by
on ‎07-21-2016 03:23 PM

Wow. Nice deal. 

by
on ‎07-21-2016 04:47 PM

This is excellent news! A very fair program! Thanks @UBNT-Matt_B_ and team!

by
‎07-21-2016 06:13 PM - edited ‎07-21-2016 06:14 PM

So the Excel document doesn't have a dropdown for the aircam trade up program....kind of hard to enter multiples at once  Also, for the date code... Do we really need to run around and pull down cameras or is the Mac address which we can get from the gui sufficient... (if not, is there a way via SSH to get the date code?)

by
on ‎07-21-2016 06:49 PM
I would hope you can make up a date code since they don't care how old the cams are.
by
on ‎07-21-2016 06:53 PM

Hopefully we can get some clarification on that...  and a new excel doc....  I'm ready to send in 5 cams asap.. Man Wink

by
‎07-21-2016 06:53 PM - edited ‎07-21-2016 06:56 PM

Yeah, I agree, getting date codes has been a royal pain.  I can understand needing to do analytics about which batches have more or less problems with other gear for other RMA"s.  

But in this case, we're not worrying about which manufacturing date,etc.  They are all heading for Alans and Diesel's huge pyrotechnie display.  All date codes will burn equally. 

by
on ‎07-21-2016 07:27 PM

Whats the easist way to get the date code off the old units?  The only way I can think of is to take the units down and hope the label is still readable.   Surely there is a better way?    

by
on ‎07-21-2016 07:28 PM

PLEASE disable comments on all of your annoucement posts!  Look at the other 

There's a lot of us who subscribe to the annoucements so we can see when new software comes out and get notified every single time someony replies to these posts.

by
on ‎07-21-2016 10:42 PM

Thanks @UBNT-Matt_B_...

Unfortunalty Australian distrubutor got no clue about this program..... Will you guys inform them in due cause???

by
on ‎07-21-2016 10:46 PM

I saw the your distributor list page, as I sad no distributor in Hungary. Where to go with replacement request?

by
‎07-21-2016 11:22 PM - edited ‎07-21-2016 11:24 PM

@pacsabi One of the neighbouring countries? 

PS: these questions really should go into the forum, getting an e-mail every time someone replyies Smiley Frustrated

"Please, let’s keep this on topic and only post questions regarding the logistics of the airCam trade-up program. Other questions should be posted in another thread."

by
‎07-22-2016 04:06 AM - edited ‎07-22-2016 04:11 AM

shop where I bought the camera was liquidated. Master reseller (P.W Batna) refused to implement

by
on ‎07-22-2016 04:15 AM
@linek according to the OP they would have to give you the 50% off anyways. You don't have to prove you bought the device there.
by
on ‎07-22-2016 04:19 AM

reseller in my country  think differently

by
‎07-22-2016 07:15 AM - edited ‎07-22-2016 07:29 AM

Ah, too bad there is no advance replacement option. 3 of my 4 cameras are Aircams still in use and the thought of them being offline for what could be weeks is just not appealing. Is there any way to avoid the downtime? I'm happy to pay full price up front if there can be a refund on the back end. 

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎07-22-2016 07:35 AM

Ok, I took notes and think I'm addressing everyone's questions here.

@kjcdude - Excellent point and apologies for the bombardment of emails.  Replies to this thread have been disabled.

Future questions should be directed to THIS THREAD which I have now enabled replies on.

@pacsabi - I'm seeing three distributors in Hungary.  (In alphabetical order) - Inter Crown Europe ZRT, SENZOR Ltd, and Wireless Bolt.  You may need to check with a neighboring country's' distributor as well.

@mixylplik3 - There was an incredible amount of deliberation about every possible way to do this program so that it was fair and reasonable for both parties.  In a normal RMA situation, you submit your RMA, it gets approved, you send in your equipment, there's currently a 7+ day processing period and then we ship out your replacement unit(s).  This is the most expeditious way we could do the exchange.  Advanced RMA would require a credit card number on file and we prefer to avoid that whenever possible.  As it says in the original FAQ, we recognize this is a security product and have done everything we can to get the turn around to a minimum.

Props to @dnoyeb@twinkie76y@ClaudeSS, and @HC-Russell for the date code questions.  Please use 1548G for your date code.  I will add that to the FAQ.

by
on ‎07-22-2016 08:00 AM

@UBNT-Matt_B_,

Just as the date code, is the MAC Address *really* a hard requirement? If not, is there one we can sub-in?

I tried doing 12:34:56:78:90:12 for all my units and it kicked it back.

Do I really have to go look them ALL up?

HELP!

by
on ‎07-22-2016 08:03 AM

@jdijulio It's not that difficult to look them up. They're all in UniFi Video.

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎01-26-2017 12:19 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just as an update to the airCam Trade-Up Program.  The deadline to receive your coupons is March 1st, 2017.

At the time of this post, here is the current status of the program process:

• New submissions were closed as of October 21st, 2016
  • All users that had submitted to participate in the program have been notified that they are clear to send their cameras.  If you do not already have it, here is the shipping address:
    Ubiquiti Networks RMA
    ATTN: [Email address that you used when you submitted]
    2580 Orchard Pkwy
    San Jose, CA 95131
    • If you didn't submit, you shouldn't ship!
  • All users that haven't shipped their airCams to us by the time of this post have also been sent a reminder email with the shipment address and other key information
  • Once we receive your airCams and process them, you'll be emailed your coupon codes as is stated in the FAQ

So, if you submitted and haven't shipped, please do so in order to take advantage of this program if you plan to.

Thanks!