Arm and disarm Unifi Video - based on presence detection via the Unifi Controller

Submitted by -

A central ARM/Disarm functionality is needed to protect the privacy of me and my family.

Some of the camera's will always be armed (those outside my house). The ones in my house need to be disarmed automatically if my - or my family members - phones are connected to the WIFI.

The way i envision this feature:

• Unifi Controller:
    • mark some of the devices (eg phones of family members) as precense indicators
  • Unifi video states
    • New states:
      • Armed manually (system cannot be disarmed automatically)
      • Armed automatically (system is armed because no one is present, will be disarmed as soon as presence is detected through the unifi controller)
      • Disarmed automatically (automatically arm if no one present)
      • Disarm manually (system cannot be armed automatically)
    • Camera setting:
      • extra options: Record when only when system is "armed" and motion is detected
    • State toggle in unifi video:
      • Arm (corresponds to armed manually)
      • Disarm - but enable when no one is present (corresponds to Disarmed automatically)
      • Disarm
    • if in state 'Disarmed automatically' poll the unifi controller and see if any devices (that are presence indicators) are connected
      • if not: ARM Unifi video
      • If true: do nothing.
Comments
by
on ‎09-04-2018 04:32 PM

I don’t particularly like the phone detection as the action maker but it would be interesting to have such feature. A digital input is possible?

by
on ‎09-11-2018 07:51 AM

https://github.com/2xPower/Unifi-controller-and-nvr

What kind of digital input would you like to use?

by
on ‎09-17-2018 10:45 AM

Probably the NVR is not prepared for this but a digital input could be connected to a switch or to one alarme or domotic output. This way, alarm off, motion detection and saving off and the other way around.

Best regards,

Henrique