Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
0 Kudos

Camera Names

Submitted by

I would like to see the NVR overridden name on the ios APP for when motion is detected, currently you get the name of the camera as stored on the camera.

Would be good to see the Override Message version instead.

I have the camera names ambiguously set so they are not obvious cameras on the network and use the override to set them to something more meaningful, FRONT_C1/C2 , REAR_C1/C2 etc on the NVR

Comments
by
on ‎03-07-2019 08:40 AM

Is there no way to disable network discovery on the camera itself?  Maybe SSH to the device?  Also, why obfiscate the device on the network via hostname?  Why not put all cameras on a VLAN not accessible to the entire network (assuming everyone is working off of 1 VLAN)?  Just curious...

by
on ‎03-07-2019 08:53 AM
I'm guessing not on the discovery https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Video-Feature-Requests/Disable-Discovery-Protocols/idi-p/2022962 Currently they are on a separate network in their own firewall zone with rules for access from certain designated devices, doesn't stop someone from unscrewing a camera and jacking into the network cable from the back though, too paranoid?