Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
0 Kudos

Need a camera with higher res than 1080 and soon.

Submitted by

Wondering when the G3s are getting a resolution upgrade. I've got lots of competing installers bragging about their 4k cameras. The software and the camera quality is usually worse on these but it's getting harder to quote customers on 1080p cameras.

Need a higher reolution camera, would like to to see the G3 with a blue led ring , higher res and no zoom.

When could we expect a G4?

I have found that optical zoom is overated, is only practical in limited situations and the price of the g4-pro is not realistic for most systems.

Comments
by
on ‎04-23-2019 08:03 AM
What are you talking about? Ubiquiti already has a G4-Pro that you seem to know about. That's 4K. Sorry if they are too expensive.
by
on ‎04-23-2019 08:14 AM

I'm talking about a camera that is at a resonable cost. The G4 pro with zoom is overkill, it's a great camera but ubiquiti needs to increase the resolution on the cheaper camers. I'm talking about the G3 with higher resolution. Sorry, but the 4k zoom is too expensive for most clients and zoom is a feature that most of them wouldn't even use.

by
‎04-27-2019 02:00 PM - edited ‎04-27-2019 02:01 PM

Good, High res, Cheap - pick any two.

If you want good and high res it won't be cheap.

If you want high res and cheap it won't be good.

If you want good and cheap it won't be high res.