Currently, the only way to know that a camera is upgrading is by selecting the camera in the NVR web page and under Camera Status: see that an upgrade is in progress. There is no clear indication on the main page OR in the unifi video mobile app that the camera is upgrading. All I see is one of my cameras is disconnected. My first thought is something is wrong. Only after doing some digging do I learn that the camera is just upgrading.
I have request that maybe of value to many users as well. I know webbased applications and viewing of the camera is nice. However, the fact is there are users out there that it's too complicated for them to sign in and have to refresh or reset the web-browser.
Having a user goto video.ubnt.com and login using an account a pain for many business owners. Browsers sometimes crash and the computer reboots for updates, causes many problems for users. I propose having an application that can be setup and run as a service or startup item up a PC. This would emulate the old video survielance systems where there's a monitor with all the cameras on the screen. This is something many business owners are used to. Basically have a device that they look at from time to time and up all the time.
I know the G3 Pro doesn't have magic zoom, or "enhance video". But maybe it should?
Here is someone in the forum asking for this functionality:
If there is ever more than 1 area of interest, for a single Pro to cover, and both areas would benefit from extra zoom detail; then having magic zoom as a feature on the Pro would be beneficial.
I managed over 300 IP cameras running on the Video Insight platform. One feature we've grown to love is the ability to have the DVR always record at least 1FPS; then burst to full speed on motion detection. This removes the major gaps between normal motion recording; and also gives you that little proection of "at least something" if the motition detection didn't detect properly.
Would anyone else like to see this option?
I would need a feature for a large video surveillance project, the project includes 50 cameras at the end, but the areas to be recorded are partly public areas, so I need the possibility to pixel certain areas directly.
Push notifications are great to alert you of movement with your cameras, however, for various reasons false triggers can make them almost useless, especially since everytime you get one, you have to launch the app and check to see what's going on (like alarms in cars we then start to ignore them). There are only so many ways that you can minimize these false triggers. However, if there was an option to display the snapshot photo within the notification that triggered the camera then in an instant you can see if there is a legitimate concern or just a bird or blowing trees etc.
This could go a long way to making them much more useful.
Thanks for your consideration.
When I build a live view in the controller's web UI and save it, it'd be nice to make it available as a RTSP feed for VLC.
You'd have to specify the overall resolution of the whole feed and the controller would have to transcode and compose the camera feeds to fill the space.
I can use RTSP and VLC to create a one-click shortcut to see a specific camera but it'd be nice to have the multi-views available like that too.
I understand this would increase CPU load on the controller, so it'd have to be an option that requires specific activation and it'd have to be something that only actually starts when someone connects to the RTSP URL.
Love the Unifi Video Solution if only it had AI based motion detection. Forget sensitivity settings, just use ML algorithms that are now more and more common.
At one of our locations we have installed Netatmo cameras and they come with this feature out of the box. No sun/shaddow/rain/snow false motions, just real action with very little false positives.
You cean easily identify humans, animals and cars with algorithms.
Would take the Unifi Video experience to the next level.
Here some screenshots of the Netatmo security video experience. Notice that even the thumnails are dynamically cropped to the motion event. Focus on Humans, Animals and Vehicles. Combined with per event type motion recording: e.g. I opt to only record Humans and Vehicles, but NOT Animals - allows for superior fine tuning.
Cameras are streaming 22khz AAC Stereo. Camera has a single MIC so switch to MONO and move up to 44Khz sampling and keep the bitrate.
This would make a substantial improvement to audio quality coming off the camera as well as enable much better ability to post-process audio from the camera when necessary.
It would be nice to have a camera the has a single sensor and lens that can capture a full 180 degrees if wall mounted or 360 if ceiling mounted. I have been using the Axis M3027-PVE for this but I want to find something cheaper.
Hi, Too many unneeded recordings..
The idea is to halt all recordings/recordings email alerts when a specific mobile phone (MAC adress / Client) is looged into Unifi LAN wifi as Unifi NVR. And vice versa, to allow whatever is programmed on Unifi NVR to record if mobile phone(s) are not logged into LAN Unifi Wifi.
This option need to be activated on camera level. So the user can choose if and wich cameras are affected. As well an optional override schedule to record on night time, even if a registred client /mobile phone is(are) active on wifi.
So if any family member is logged into Unifi wireless network , no recordings/alerts will be done.
Once all programmed phones (clients) leave the wireless network or at night, recording according to rules in unifi NVR are executed. An automatic home/not home+Sleep security system.
It would be nice if there were a table view of all active RTSP URLs - either sorted by camera then quality, or sorted by quality then camera.
Right now I keep them in my own spreadsheet but it dawned on me that this is something the NVR should easily be able to display without me having to open each camera properties panel and pull them out one at a time
We currently have 8 locations that will be using UniFi Video, and managing which users have access to which NVR's at the local level is a pain. If all of the NVR's are connected to my UBNT account, I'd like to be able to manage those users from a central location.
It would be super fantastic if you guys added support for the Echo Show. Imagine being able to say "Alexa, show me the driveway." or "Alexa, show me the front door" or "Alexa, show me the back yard." and bam, it streams a video from your Unifi Video cameras or server.
Please add the ability to archive videos to a secondary location. I am thinking of a solution where you set how many days max retention you want before they are sent to a secondary location such as NFS, or SMB share. See photo.
Here are a list with feature requests:
* Motion detection not triggerd by snow/rain/wind
* Motion detection not triggerd by IR on/off
* License Plate identification so mail/notification can be sent if or if not identified (or always)
* Identification of people so mail/notification can be sent if or if not identified (or always)
* Motion detection setting to not detect animals
I am attempting to migrate from an old CCTV system to Unifi Video, but am bumping up against a bunch of limitations with alert schedulng. I would love to see the following improvements:
- Holiday Scheduling > As an example, normally, I don't want alerts during the day on a Thursday. On Thanksgiving, however, I do! It would be really nice to be able to set holidays that use a different alert schedule.
- Dedicated System Level Scheduling Interface > Currently, alert scheduling is buried in User settings. To me, alerts is a primary function of the system, and would be more appropriately placed as a system level function rather than a user level function.
- Schedules Available Between Users > As far as I can tell, if I want to send alerts to more than one user I need to recreate the schedule for every user, even if I want the schedule to be identical. Moving this to a system wide scheduling configuration, as noted previously, would probably help with this.
- New Schedules Populate Without a Browser Refresh > When a new schedule is created, it isn't listed as available for other cameras until I refresh the interface. Not a huge issue, but in my case it resulted in my ending up with two identical schedules.
- LLigetfa on: Recording options
- LLigetfa on: Ubiquiti NVR pixelize a specific section
- CDUCC on: Always record 1FPS; Burst to full FPS on Motion Detection.
- LLigetfa on: need support unifi video NVR
- Terlouw_P on: Auto change camera on multi view
- LLigetfa on: Restrict Phone Users Bandwidth Automatically on Mesh Network
- jdrodg on: RTSP for multi-camera live view
- raceboy62 on: Motion Sensitivity Gradient
- LLigetfa on: Rolling Upgrade for Cameras
- LLigetfa on: "Request" to add a alert to the mobile app to get a alert that there is a firmware update available
- "Magic Zoom" on G3-Pro
- When cameras are upgrading it needs to be indicated much more clearly
- PC application to run 24/7 for viewing Cameras
- digitally sign recordings
- Documentation on linux NVR
- UVC-G3 NDI Firmware Upgrade Option
- Improvements to Motion Alert Scheduling
- Saving zoomed in view of recordings
- Recording options
- Ubiquiti NVR pixelize a specific section