3 weeks ago
1st UnFi Video install (for me!)
Reason for Installation
Home deterrent/post activity camera system. All outside cameras to protect my unit + testing some public coverage including nearby shops and businesses.
Used Products
×1
×1
32 Goldie St, Wynyard TAS 7325, Australia
Description

I've been looking for an excuse to play with UnFi video (and other stuff). Had some vandals and break-ins where I'm currently living, so I'd kill 2 birds.

I live above shops in the main street of my town (Wynyard, TAS, AUS), and I'm pretty exposed to crime basically, which is sad, cos it's a nice town.

Anyway, bit the bullet and installed enough cameras to cover all my windows + some driveway and public street. Still learning the software and hoping to centralise the NVR at my base station across town (currently running on my PC).

Also hoping to sell cameras to existing wireless clients and the local council, who are looking into CCTV for next years budget. I figure I have less than a year to get good Man Happy

Happy enough so far with quality and features, although I will say, I'm looking forward to 4K cameras, or something that can zoom in better, and ID faces, number plates etc. Currently it's just that little bit blurry on the fine detail (unless I'm missing something!).

Anyway, I had a couple a rough photos, so thought I'd share.

Cheers

4 camera liveview eg.PNG

Front 2.jpg

Front and main street software view.png

Front and main street.jpg

Rear 2.jpg

Rear.jpg

Side 2.jpg

Side.jpg

12.jpg

16.jpg

1st UnFi Video install (for me!)

by 3 weeks ago

I've been looking for an excuse to play with UnFi video (and other stuff). Had some vandals and break-ins where I'm currently living, so I'd kill 2 birds.

I live above shops in the main street of my town (Wynyard, TAS, AUS), and I'm pretty exposed to crime basically, which is sad, cos it's a nice town.

Anyway, bit the bullet and installed enough cameras to cover all my windows + some driveway and public street. Still learning the software and hoping to centralise the NVR at my base station across town (currently running on my PC).

Also hoping to sell cameras to existing wireless clients and the local council, who are looking into CCTV for next years budget. I figure I have less than a year to get good Man Happy

Happy enough so far with quality and features, although I will say, I'm looking forward to 4K cameras, or something that can zoom in better, and ID faces, number plates etc. Currently it's just that little bit blurry on the fine detail (unless I'm missing something!).

Anyway, I had a couple a rough photos, so thought I'd share.

Cheers

4 camera liveview eg.PNG

Front 2.jpg

Front and main street software view.png

Rear 2.jpg

Rear.jpg

Side 2.jpg

Side.jpg

12.jpg

16.jpg

{"location":{"title":"32 Goldie St, Wynyard TAS 7325, Australia","placeId":"ChIJDSs-iX_xe6oRBN3qiOFnQ7s"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"ir-range-extender-for-uvc-g3","count":1},{"id":"unifi-video-camera-g3-5","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"Home deterrent/post activity camera system. All outside cameras to protect my unit + testing some public coverage including nearby shops and businesses.","mainImage":"156339i5799626A24504559"}

4 camera liveview eg.PNG
Front 2.jpg
Rear 2.jpg
Side 2.jpg
Comments
by
2 weeks ago

Very nice installation, looks clean. 

by
2 weeks ago

i love the use of the PVC

by
a week ago

wish i could see the pictures

by
Monday

hi mate

great install , im in the same boat as you with having scum bags trespassing on my property , you said your running the NVR from your pc ,, does this mean you have to leave your pc constently turned on so you can record from your cameras ??????

by
Monday - last edited Monday

@matwom

(I happened to be here @ 3:41am checking email lol)

It sucks spending good money on scumbags, but certainly feels better afterwards!

To your question, yes my PC is on 24/7 generally, so the NVR always records/works. I do some casual mining on it too + have multiple Firefox windows open with many, many tabs. Doesn't seem to affect anything, but not ideal I guess. I'll build a dedicated system soon.

Thanks to the other kind comments too, I do pride myself on neat installs (usually). I was restricted here in terms of spare cabling at each point, but was able to coil up approx. 0.3m inside each round junction box (using toughcable pro).

Cheers Man Happy